May favourites!

1 June 2015

Hey guys!

This month has flown by. I can't believe it. I say the same pretty much every month, but I genuinely don't know where the last thirty one days or so has gone! It's been a great month - I finished second year of University, started working full time for the summer to get some moolah (hurrah, bye bye overdraft), saw S Club 7, partied like I was a fresher in my last week of University and so much more. So the blog has been quiet recently, as you're all well aware :(. However, I have babbled enough for now so here are my favourite products/items of the month!

MAC - Kinda Sexy, MAC blusher - Pinch Me, EOS lip balm,  MAC lipliner - Whirl, Nomination bracelet.

EOS lip balm - 

I have already done a blog post on the EOS lip balm range the other month but I feel like it deserves another mention because I have been using this daily at work (my lips have been so dry and chapped) and it has performed miracles on my lips. So now not only do I have great looking lips but they smell and feel great too. If you want to try the EOS range please please please please (and many more pleases) try them out. The price is a bit much I agree but they are so worth it.





MAC lipstick - Kinda Sexy -

My last blog post included this shade and it's safe to say I love it. I have worn this so much and received a fair few compliments since. I really do think this is a great summer shade and one I will definitely be buying when it runs out. I just love it so much and lasts forever on my lips even when I have a bite to eat or drink. If you head over to my last blog post with the swatches and reviews, you'll see a more in depth section on Kinda Sexy.  PS - the names for the MAC lipsticks are so cool and you do feel kinda sexy when you wear it. A supper flattering shade.


MAC Blusher - Pinch Me

Ok, so this looks nothing like it does on the website (surprise surprise, I really need to live somewhere with a MAC counter or store) and I was kinda bummed when I first opened it because I thought it would be way too dark for my face, but surprisingly it's not. It's just super pigmented and a little goes a VERY long way indeed. I was originally stuck between this shade and 'Melba' but opted for this instead and now I'm glad that I did. It's always fun (and scary) to try make-up that is out of your comfort zone. As you can see from the picture, it's a really nice rose colour. Again, great name! It's a really long lasting blusher which is super ideal for me too because I work from 9-5 and sometimes later so the last thing I want to be doing is re-applying make-up every couple of hours, I don't ever have to re-apply this blusher. MAC have definitely scored a winner with this one and I can't wait to try out more shades!



MAC lip liner - Whirl

Ok, so I bought this to go with my Velvet Teddy lipstick as I had read on a dozen pages that this lip liner is the best one to wear with Velvet Teddy. I 1000% agree with this. I had never really worn or tried lip liner so I was pretty much a virgin to all of the lip liner craze. I can now see why for so many people, lip liner is a must have in their make-up bag. It creates such a huge difference to your lips - the shape, the final look of your lips... everything. Whirl is such a blendable shade too and it doesn't stick out on your lips like a sore thumb. It also looks great with Kinda Sexy!



Nomination Italy - Charm bracelet

I recieved this from the in-laws on my 21st birthday, after hinting to Kayne for about a year that I'd love one. I just really love the Nomination bracelets and how you can build them, change the charms around and everything else. The initial bracelet I don't think is too costly, it is the charms that add up the price. I have five charms in total - a cocktail (because I go out quite a lot and never say no to a cocktail or three), two golden cats (L.O.V.E cats), a 21 charm, a shoe (I have over 80 pairs of shoes that I can think of, and I love shopping...) then a white rose which is so pretty and it compliments the rest of the charms. When my next pay packet comes I'm definitely going to buy another charm. It's really cool how you put the charms on too - you take out links and replace them with charm links. They all hook underneath each other. So weird to explain I know. Nomination isn't that popular either, it's not that it isn't popular because it isn't nice jewellery, it's gorgeous and so thoughtful, I just think Pandora is the charm giant and around 80% of men and women that I know; myself included have a Pandora bracelet. So, fellows and ladies - if you're wanting something a little bit different that holds all the sentimental thoughts and looks fabulous on your wrists, then look no further than a Nomination bracelet! They are absolutely beautiful and are definitely worth it.



So, there are my favourites for May. I hope you enjoyed this read. Share it around, leave a comment, anything at all would be great :) Also, remember if you have anything specifically you would like me to write about, then just let me know and I'll happily try or see what I can do! :) Thanks for reading guys, I'll write again in a couple days,

Katie x 



Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Middleton. Design by Fearne.