Garnier PureActive Intensive Exfobrusher Spot Fighter review!

14 June 2015

Hey guys,

Wow, that title is a bit of a mouthful... They should make their products easier to say. Anywhooo, today I am going to review the exfobrusher (we'll just call it that, it's much easier). I've not posted in a week because I've pretty much been focusing on getting the review just right for this product and I wanted to test it properly to see how much of a difference it really made to my skin and spot breakouts. I was going through a phase where my skin just felt dead oily with under the skin spots - you name it! Without bragging too much it's safe to say that I usually have pretty good skin, so there was clearly something in my lifestyle effecting my skin to make it go how it did. So that's how I came to buy the exfobrusher. I like and dislike it for different reasons. I wasn't overly thrilled with the product but then I was kinda happy with it at the same time. I'll explain why down below!



So first things first - the price. I don't really like paying a lot for facial products as I have sensitive skin and I don't really use facial products much at all, I pretty much only use face wipes or makeup remover on my skin and thats it. I think I snapped up the exfobrusher for around £5 at Tesco so I was pretty happy with that. However, I found that I definitely got what I paid for with this product. The brush at the end felt horrible on my skin, maybe that's because it's like rubber but it made me cringe massaging it in circles on my face. It also took AGES to make a foam on my skin, even after applying loads to the brush and giving it a good massage on my face.




As you can see from this very bad photo of me - probably the only bare face photos I'll post on this blog - it just made my skin incredibly red. Which I did not like at all as that then meant I had to wait for my skin to calm down before I could put makeup on or anything like that. Not only that, it made me self conscious that my skin was going to have red patches forever (some super weird thinking there Katie, but I did) so afterwards I only did it at night time rather than morning and night. 


I've only just realised how wonky and large my nose looks. Holy cow.
I didn't really notice a massive difference in my skin at all, I still have spots on my forehead and one on my chin, it's just dried them out and made them all flaky. BUT, a big but here... It made my skin super soft so it must've done something there e.g. take all the dead crappy skin off my face to make it that soft. I also tested this product out on Kayne under much protest and it did make a huge difference to his skin. It made his skin super soft, reduced the redness of spots and even helped clear a few up. So I think this product depends entirely on your skin type and it is definitely not for everyone. 

So all in all, I am not overly impressed with this product. I will definitely give it another shot at some point but for now, I'll leave it be. I don't think I'll be buying it again. I hate giving reviews that aren't that optimistic because I really don't want to feel as though I am damaging the reputation of the product but it's just not clicked with me at all which is disappointing. I'll post again in a couple days with something a bit more enjoyable to read. Would people like it if I did a post every now and then on my cats? I feel like they deserve some limelight on my blog! Let me know :). Thanks for reading this guys,


Katie x 



Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Middleton. Design by Fearne.