Benefit Cosmetics super mini haul and samples!

19 June 2015

Hey guys!

So I've done a bad thing and blown money on the Benefit Cosmetics website again... whoopsie daisy. But, it was worth it :) I paid for two items so this is a super duper mini haul. I purchased the Rollerlash mascara and the Hoola bronzer. I used a special code to get two freebie samples of Dreamscreen and Lollitint, then at the check out you usually get to pick two samples for free so I went with Professional and Puff Off. I'll tell you a bit about each of those as the post moves along but I'm really excited to write this as I love Benefit Cosmetics. It is probably a joint first place with MAC for me right now, all for different reasons. 

Rollerlash mascara - 

So if you've read my blog before you will know that I absolutely adore this product, I used to be a  faithful follower of the They're Real mascara by Benefit but when I tried Rollerlash I was completely turned by this product. It just makes such a difference to your lashes, it doesn't make them look clumpy and gross, just naturally curly and long. Aside from eyebrows, my eyelashes are probably what I take most pride on with my facial makeup, I'm one of those annoying people who will redo their mascara about 50 times until I deem it fit for others to see (yep, I'm pretty sad) And this does them amazingly every time. I use this mascara day in, day out for work, social, night out, everyday... you name it I'll more than likely wear it for that (other than swimming or a bath because then it'll run and I'll just look silly) it's only JUST beginning to run out and I think I bought my first Rollerlash in March sometime? So that's how bloody good it is. If you want a full, indepth review on Rollerlash then here's the link from my blog:



Hoola bronzing powder -

Ok, I've wanted this bronzer for a while now but this was my dilemma: whenever I try bronzer no matter how light it may be I ALWAYS look like I've smeared poo on my face... Yep, bad isn't it? Bronzer and me just have a horrible history and we don't get on. However, I gave Hoola the benefit of the doubt (ha, get it? Benefit?) after reading all the great reviews on it and plucked the courage to give it a shot. Safe to say I love it, I've worn it twice since it arrived in the post - the second I opened it and for work today. It made my skin look so healthy and tanned. It's a pigmented powder but it's not overly done, it's a nice and natural shade. I'm debating whether to give Hoola it's own blog post for a more in depth review, what do you guys think? I also love the name, reminds me of Hawaii, summer and all things fun-loving! The little miniature brush you get with Hoola is also really good, I've used it both times and it's super soft and applies wonderfully which of course is an added bonus.


So now onto the sample freebies so these sections will be much smaller :)

Porefessional sample -

I'm really glad I got to sample this because it's another product I've wanted to try out because of how great the reviews are but never actually tried it for whatever reason. First things first the sample I tried - I loved! It's super super super soft on the skin (I used super three times it's that soft) and it blends in instantly. It helped minimise my pore appearance and created a matte look to my 'tend to get oily as the day progresses' areas, instead of a shiny look, which I'm really glad about. I didn't have to re-apply at all during the day which is a massive plus. I will definitely purchase a full size version of Porefessional and more than likely the whole porefessional range (particularly the new 'license to blot') 

Puff off! sample - 

Again, if you read my blogs you know I suffer with dark circles and puffy under eyes. So when I was given the option to sample this, naturally I went with it. Instant difference to my puffy dark eyes when I applied it. It cooled them upon touch, I swear I saw the puffy go down but maybe that's because I was watching my under eyes like a hawk to check this. Puff Off! made my eyes appear brighter after application and lasted for much of the day, this is another product I will be buying a full version of!

Lollitint -

In the sample tube, this looks like quite an in your face pink shade that stains your lips and cheeks, so I was apprehensive about trying it to begin with but it's actually quite subtle to the lips when you've applied and blended it in. I didn't have enough courage to try it on my cheeks incase I didn't like it and was unable to take it off, but I'm interested in the whole tint range now, so this was a good little experiment for me and it's helped me broaden my makeup possibilities, I never thought I could get into tint but after trying Lollitint I think I could. 

Dreamscreen - 

This is the only product I haven't tried because the weather here has been miserable and wet on and off for the last few days. However, I squeezed a small circle on my arm and it felt so soft and smelt great. It's an SPF 45 so it's really good protection against the sun on your face. This would be really ideal for me as my face always burns on holiday. Alas, my review for Dreamscreen is a bit naff I'm afraid as it's the one thing I've not been able to try because of the weather, argh :( I've heard some good things about it though so fingers crossed I'll like it. 


That's everything for todays post guys! I hope you've enjoyed the read, let me know what you think in the comment section below. Don't forget to share and tell your friends about my blog if you think it's their thing and if you enjoy my posts! Any feedback is welcome <3 Thanks for reading.

Katie x 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Middleton. Design by Fearne.