Urban Decay: Naked Smoky palette. REVIEW AND SWATCHES!

12 August 2015

Hey guys,

So I have been very fortunate as I was lucky enough to get my hands on the very highly anticipated Naked Smoky palette by Urban Decay. Make up fans have been going gaga for it! I really didn't think I'd get the chance to purchase this palette so soon, I was expecting it to be a good month or two before the hype died down a tiny bit and there were more available but alas, someone is on my side! I have the other Naked palettes and I have not been left disappointed by them so I was super super excited for this bad boy! 





Firstly, the outer packaging is amazing as per usual, I love the whispy style they've gone for this time, it makes the palette stand out so much. The actual palette packaging is definitely my favourite... It's magnetic (I think) rather than the other Naked palettes where it clips into place to have it shut. I can't explain the feel of the palette either, it's very peculiar. It's not a tinny feel like the others nor is it glass, it's probably just super high quality plastic haha.

Outer packaging


Palette (how beautiful)
So once again, the names didn't disappoint. There are 12 shadows as there are in every Naked palette. Some matte and some shimmery. Below is a swatch in natural light of all the shades, the names from top to bottom: HIGH, DIRTYSWEET, RADAR, ARMOR, SLANTED, DAGGER, BLACK MARKET, SMOLDER, PASSWORD, WHISKEY, COMBUST, THIRTEEN. 

My favourite shades so far are: High, Dirtysweet, Radar, Smolder and Whiskey. 

Names from top to bottom are just above.

The colours are also very impressive. I'm so happy there are multiple shades and of different colour rather than all greys and blacks (the typical/standard smoky eye look). My reason for this is because I don't think I can pull off the iconic smoky look - probably because I just make myself look like I have black eyes, but I really love any brown smoky look and there are plenty of browns/taupes/creams for me! There also seems to be some eyeshadows with blue and purple tints to them so lots of time for exploring my inner smoky! The shadows are super pigmented as always, so the high quality is definitely still in there with Urban Decay. I was VERY surprised at the cost of this palette, I was expecting waaaaay more than £38.00. So considering the quality of these shadows, you get 12 - they last forever it seems, you're actually getting a pretty good deal. 

The brush that is included is also really good. It blends in really well, it seems to be much softer yet somehow firmer - in comparison to the other Naked palette brushes, this is definitely the best one me thinks.

This time Urban Decay have provided their followers with a leaflet providing different smoky looks (with instructions) plus a quick and easy guide to achieving the perfect smoky eye! My favourite at the moment is the smoky cat look - minus the flicks. I was pretty overjoyed with this leaflet. It's a definite winner from me!





So I think you all get the general idea on my opinion regarding the new Naked palette. I bloody well love it! I was going to post some pictures of my eyes with the shadows on but I look super drained because I had just got back in from work - so someday I will post photos on Twitter or Instagram with my eyes done all smoky but for now I'll leave it to the imagination *insert emoji cheeky side smile face*.

I hope you've all enjoyed the read today, apologies for being inactive again - there's been family birthdays and a huge event at work so it's been busy, busy, busy for little ol' Katie! Make sure you comment below if you have any questions or fancy a chat! Plus one and/or share this if you enjoyed the post! Follow me on Twitter and Instagram for updates and daily bits and bobs! Thanks again for reading, I'll post again soon,



Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Middleton. Design by Fearne.