Meet the cats!

5 August 2015

Hey guys, 

So I asked on Twitter what people thought if I was to write a post about my cats... The response was pretty unanimous so I thought why not!  Now, if you don't like cats, I wouldn't recommend you read this post - it is 100% cat. If you know me or follow me on any form of social networking, you'll know how crazily obsessed with cats I am - like Professor Umbridge obsessed (except I'm not a bitch like her obv). We have five cats at home, if you include my Grandparents cat and the railway cat at work - it's racking the numbers up. I just love my little fur babies in different ways and I'll explain why below!


So the first fur baby is my favourite and mine:

 Cooky. 

Cooky is my absolute prince. I got him waaaaay back in 2003 so he's 12 now and knocking on a bit. We was only supposed to get his brother (Pilchard who sadly passed away back in 07) but when we went to pick him up, Cooky just came straight over to me and wouldn't leave me alone. We really connected on such a crazy level and our bond was so tight already. He is pretty much the male version of me I'm not even kidding - he's so sassy!

When I was little I'd share everything with him (still do pretty much) - from crisps, popcorn to yorkshire puddings. He knows when I'm upset and he just comforts me by laying with me and letting me cry all over him. He's super protective - bit of a cock block between me and Kayne.

When I leave for university it's like he knows, the sparkle in his eyes, the shine in his fur just goes. It breaks my heart every time but when I come home he's so happy to see me and I love it. Sometimes he's a bit grumpy with me because I've been gone for so long but he gets over himself. I honestly don't know what I will do when his time for the rainbow bridge comes (which will be never btw).


 He likes to come up at night for a cuddle and he lays under the quilt with me purring and he has his front paws on my cheek. He stays like that until I fall asleep. You can tell he adores me and I adore him. He's a bit of an old timer now, but he still has his crazy kitten moments. PS - how cute does he look with a tie? eek ---->





 Obi.


Obi was our first rescue cat. His litter was found tied up in a black bin bag outside the skips in the ASDA car park when they were a few hours old. I don't know how he survived but he was super lucky. He is also the dippiest cat we've ever had. We got him in 2007. His personality is something else. He is dopey, silly, kitten-like, hyperactive, needy... pretty much acts and behaves like a three year old child would. He gives amazing cuddles, he puts one paw either side of your neck and just rests his head under your chin. I bloody love his cuddles. At some points his neediness can be super annoying but I just get on with it.

He hates thunderstorms and cat baskets. Let's just say he tends to mess  himself a wee bit. Not nice. As we speak he is sprawled all over me and I literally cannot move, I'm struggling to type all this haha!

These pictures give you a good idea of Obi and his personality.



You will soon see that my house have a Star Wars theme going on with the pet names (Yoda, Obi, Jabba, Yaddle) My favourite picture ever is the one to the left <-----

 It looks like he is laughing. So many cat memes could happen with that snapshot. He is just such a quirky loving cat!









Ralph.





Ralph, Ralph, Ralph. Looks cute doesn't he? He is cute, until you try and touch him, then you'll come away with a shredded hand... 

His name was inspired by Wreck it Ralph!

Another rescue cat, we think he must be semi-feral. We got him and his brother Yaddle (who I will introduce soon) when they were 12 weeks old, we got them at the end of 2013 so he's been around a while now. I was so excited about getting Ralph because he was so timid -  I was really working hard to bring him out of his shell it was working, but then I had to stay at university for a while and was unable to come home. I think that definitely effected the relationship we have. Don't get me wrong I love Ralph to bits, I would just LOVE to stroke him. The only person who can stroke him is my mum - that's only because she's their main feeder. Even then he's very selective as to when she can stroke him. His fur is long too and we can't even groom him, we will need to take him to the vets to sedate him and they will groom him. But that costs a fortune so we try and catch him when he's off his guard. 

He has a very interesting personality - he will play with you and interact well with the other cats, just not humans (unless it's tea time then he will grovel for a bit of food). Since getting Ralph we haven't been able to leave anything edible on the side, even if its securely packaged because he WILL get into it. He's a bit of a devil for that. If anyone has some tips to make him less feral towards us, PLEASE leave a comment below! We've tried so much, sometimes it can be tiring trying to build a trusting relationship with a cat as anti-social as Ralph (even the vets have said that he's the most anti-social cat they've had in about 10 years...) but we're getting there very, very slowly. One thing I will never do and that's give up on a kitty!



Yaddle.

So this is the brother of Ralph. The name is because Dad ADORES Yaddle, like he adored Yoda so Yaddle is effectively Dad's cat. It was supposed to be Wreck It Ralph and Fix It Felix but Dad got the naming rights for him. It's lovely seeing Dad enjoy a cats company again, he's not really bothered with the cats since Yoda passed. I think that really affected him to be honest. 

Yaddle has a pretty weird personality. He has some of Ralph's tendencies BUT he loves a good fuss! I mean a good fuss too! You have to let him come to you though, when he sniffs your hand or headbutts you - then you're allowed to stroke him. When you stroke him then that's it, he won't leave you alone for the next half hour so by the end of it all you have a dead arm from stroking him because he's sprawled out all over you. He's very timid like Ralph too and sometimes won't give you the time of day. Very playful also but a lot friendlier than Ralph. It's weird that they're brothers but they're so different yet so alike. They've been handled the exact same way too so we're not sure what it is. He is a very pretty cat. I love his eyes, they're so round and beautiful! He's definitely a character. He has an obsession with bottle lids - he always steals them off our water bottles! Yaddle and Ralph are also pretty camera shy so I only have a few pictures of them.




Koda.


Last but not least, we have our newest addition - Koda. She joined us in 2014. We originally got Koda because we thought she was a boy and we just fell in love. Ginger cats are super cute and they're not too common anymore. When we found out Koda was actually a girl - we was shocked, we did some research and found out that pure ginger girls were really rare and hard to come by nowadays. So she's an indoor cat (incase any little nasties realise she is a girl and try take her from us grrr, there's been incidents in my local town of people shaving cats on the side to see if they've been spayed and stealing them! Disgusting and cruel right?) 

The sign isn't even joking. Look how high and mighty she looks!

Probably the most affectionate cat we have, not even kidding here. She loves being stroked and cuddled. Every morning she is whining at my door, scratching it and pawing underneath trying to get in for her morning cuddle and fuss. I love it! She is super tiny too and weighs practically nothing, when we went to get her spayed they were unsure if they were able to do it because of this, even though she eats like a pig. Maybe cats have fast metabolisms or something I don't know but I do know her mum was quite small too so maybe thats why. Koda always reminds me of Puss in Boots because her eyes are so huge and round, it's pretty much impossible to say no to her! She's a bit of a nutter too, always running around and getting into play fights with the other cats (barring Cooky - she hasn't got that brave to take on the Alpha yet) She definitely shows the others who is boss though! So sassy and I love her for it! 





So that's all my cats... Yep, cat lady and not ashamed to admit it haha! I hope you enjoyed the post, sorry the pictures aren't very professional - they're just what I had on my phone and they're my favourite pictures of them all so I shared them with you all too! Make sure to share this if you liked it! Follow me on Twitter, Instagram and Bloglovin - my links to these are on the right hand side. Leave a comment below if you fancy, I'll make sure to reply, Google plus and Twitter are being buggers at the moment with me so I don't always see comments/replies/tweets! Thanks for reading once more and I'll post again soon,


Katie x 



Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Middleton. Design by Fearne.