Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow

2 March 2016


I had heard nothing but good things about the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow, so naturally I had to give it a try. I've promised myself that this year I will branch out to more products (even though I have no money) because I tend to stick to what I know but I am on a mission to achieve the perfect brows with gradients - good luck Katie!

So the initial dip brow is £15.00 which at first I thought was a bit pricey because you only get 4g worth. However, when it arrived I felt like I was basically paying for the container the dip brow comes in because it's glass packaging. So I was a bit frustrated there but I thought I'd wait until I tried the product before I made any real judgement. 


When I tried the dip brow, I was pleasantly surprised! The pomade is a very peculiar texture and a little really does go a long way, I figured that out when I first dipped the brush into the pomade (oops) I can definitely see me getting a lot out of this product and it lasting for a very long time, so the £15 is definitely very well spent! Be very careful at how heavy handed you approach your brows, if you're too heavy on the first brush to brow/skin contact, it can ruin your whole look. You need to try and be light handed with this because as I said, a little goes a long way! The brush really helps adjusting to how hard you should go at your brows if that makes sense. 

I ordered the shade Medium Brown. On the beauty bay website there was recommendations on what colour dip brow you should get according to your hair colour so that was a huge help because I literally had no clue which one would be best for me - all the browns looked exactly the same to me! I would definitely recommend you search the colour on someones eyebrows before you buy - e.g. google images, the official Anastasia Beverly Hills Instagram & Twitter accounts - they often post images of people's make up and say what they're using on the brows the shade etc. That definitely helped me to determine the shade I purchased. 


I also ordered the number 12 large synthetic duo brow brush because I heard great things about it! On beauty bay's website it said that the brush is ideal for the brow powder duo but on the reviews a lot of people said it works great with the dip brow pomade, so I followed what they said and I can say I thoroughly agree! The brush is the right size to perfectly angle and shape the brows, the spoolie is also brilliant to tame those brows and to help create a gradient affect. (which I'm working on slowly but surely) The brush comes in at £14.00 which I honestly don't mind paying for. I prefer having expensive brushes if I'm honest.


The photo above is a really bad photo taken on my iPad whilst getting ready for a night out, but you can see such a clear difference between the dip brow and how much more definition it's given my eyebrows! 


I just really wanted to stick these two photos in so you could see different angles and lighting. It does take some adjusting to get used to, you have to be careful with just how much you put onto the brush because it makes such a difference to the eyebrow shade, thickness and general overall appearance! I've learnt the hard way a couple of times. It also lasts for hours on the brows! I've worn it for a 9am seminar up until I get home from the library, sometimes 2-3am in the morning so it lasts for a good 18 hours on me, it's also pretty difficult to get off the brows! Even with good make up wipes (shock horror sorry, I know they're considered a sin) I have to really scrub at my brows to make sure it's all off!


All in all, I absolutely love this product. I take back my grumbles about the size/amount that you pay for because you are definitely getting your money's worth with this one, I'm still only dabbing on the upmost top layer of the dip brow and I've had this for nearly a month now, so I reckon I definitely have a few months at least with this product (yay). I also love the brush, it is the best brow brush I've used yet and I have about nine different brow brushes! 


Have you ever used Dip brow? Did you like it or do you want to try it? Let me know in the comments what you think! 

Thanks for reading today, I hope you've enjoyed the post! Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin, Instagram and Twitter for blog and life updates - I'll pop links at the bottom of this page and there are also links at the top of my blog! Thanks again,


Twitter       -       Instagram       -        Bloglovin'

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Middleton. Design by Fearne.