June favourites!

1 July 2015

Hey guys!

How's everyone coping in the UK with this heatwave? Holy moly it's HOT here. I know that 30c doesn't seem like much to some, but when you're from the UK it's a bit too much. I've been practically melting. At least I'm not too bummed about not going abroad this year because I have the weather here so that saves me a few hundred!  

Also, whilst I'm writing - I would like people to take a moment to think about those affected by the attacks in Tunisia, Kuwait and France. Also a moment for the airplane crash in Indonesia. I can't begin to imagine the emotions people were feeling or what was going through their heads as the events unfolded or how their families must feel. My thoughts go out to everyone who has been affected by this. There's so many sad happenings across the world recently and it's horrible to hear, it's nice to hear some amazing news in the midst of it all, so that's why I would like to say a big HURRAY to the LGBT community after the historical victory of same sex marriage being legalised in all 50 states of America. You guys have worked so hard and fought so long for this basic human right and you finally have it. Marry who you want wherever you want, love wins! So that's my reflection for June, let's crack on with my June favourites!




Hoola - Benefit Cosmetics 

Ok so I've raved about this product so much in the last couple weeks and all with good reason, it is simply the best bronzer I've ever used and the only bronzer that makes me look good, gives me that sun kissed feel and lasts ALL DAY. Even in this sweltering heat - my sweaty face doesn't shift it! I just love love love love it! The amount of times I've said love pretty much clarifies all my opinions on Hoola. If you're willing to pay that little extra for some bronzer then please try Hoola!




Naked2 palette - Urban Decay

This is always a firm favourite of mine, but recently I've been thinking and it really does deserve a slot on the favourites of the month post. I think what I love the most about the Naked2 palette is that it is such an ideal set of shades for my eye colour. I'd say I have medium-dark brown eyes so this is so perfect for that colour. I love the names of the shadows and how well they sit on your skin, they're so pigmented and a little goes a long way. My favourite look is with Bootycall, Tease and Busted it just looks so pretty and good together! The only downside to the Naked2 is the price but honestly it is worth it. I would prefer to pay a little bit extra for something I know has a good reputation and will do exactly what I need - this fits the bill perfectly. I'm so excited for Naked Smoky to come out in just a few days - eeeeek!



Fame - Lady Gaga

Ok so this is a pretty random favourite because it was a purely random purchase in the black Friday madness at the end of 2014. I had heard how good it smelt so I just clicked and into the basket it went. If I'm being honest, I had pretty much forgotten about this until I was packing my room up at Uni and saw it there. I gave it a spray and since then I've worn it loads. I don't really know how to describe the smell because it's quite a sweet scent but I know I definitely like it. The colour of the perfume is black like what the hell?! That's so cool! I definitely think the packaging and the presentation of perfume helps with the sales. So I'm glad I found this amongst bits and bobs at uni!



Honeysuckle Honeydew - EOS lipbalm

This I got for my 21st and at first I was kinda unsure of the smell because it's quite intense to begin with. But seeing as it's lovely weather and my cats have stolen my summer fruits EOS lip balm, I gave this one a whirl. I got used to the smell pretty quickly, I'm not a fan at all of anything remotely floral so this is a big step for me but I love honeydew melon so I just imagined myself eating that and viola! It was love, just like that. EOS lip balms are incredibly soft to the lips and really moisturise's them - again ideal in this type of weather, this lip balm in particular has saved my lips from being super dry and chapped.




So there you guys have it - my favourites for June.  I hope you enjoyed reading this blog, in the comments I don't want any hate at all regarding the things I said at the beginning of this post, all opinions and views expressed on here are my own. I just want people to take a second to think about all the horrible things happening in the world and those who are suffering. But then I also want you to think about these good things like the legalisation of same sex marriage - whether you agree with it or not, it's a basic right to love whoever and be with whoever you want to be. So on that note: share, plus one it, comment, tell your friends! Thank you all for reading and for the continued support you guys are showing me. I honestly appreciate it so much, it means an awful lot to me. I'll post again soon,

Katie x 



Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Middleton. Design by Fearne.