My MAC Experience.

21 September 2015

Hey guys,


So I'm back after taking a week out from blogging - had major bloggers block and it was freshers week at uni so I just wanted to really let my hair down - if you have me on Snapchat or Facebook you will know what I mean. 

Today I want to write about my recent MAC experience at MAC Meadowhall. I've had two very different experiences at this MAC counter in the space of a month. The first time I went, I walked out with tears and totally embarrassed and enraged. I don't want to go too in depth with this because this post is a positive post but a particular worker was extremely rude and belittling. Some of the workers were running around like a headless chicken trying to keep all their customers satisfied. This was a Saturday, in August at around 1-2pm so you can imagine how busy it was. Anyway, I complained (naturally) to avoid similar situations happening to others and the manager was absolutely lovely and offered me a complimentary hour with the experts - something I was NOT in any way, shape or form expecting - all I was expecting was a sorry if I'm being honest and it was an incredibly kind gesture. I did say that it wasn't needed because I don't live near Sheffield so it will be a trek to get there and such. I then felt bad about complaining because of how lovely the manager was being to me on the phone. 

Anywhooo, I phoned up to book this hour with the experts - no problem. I arrived at Meadowhall hungover and questionably a tiny bit tipsy from the night before (paint party and three hours sleep is not a good combo) so I definitely looked a little bit worse for wear when I arrived at the MAC counter. I was greeted by one of their workers called Lindsey (I may/may not have spelt this wrong) who was really friendly and bubbly. This perked me up a bit because I was kinda dreading going back to MAC for obvious reasons. Lindsey was really chatty and made me feel very welcome and very at home, asked me what look I wanted - giving me tips and tricks for makeup, the lot. After the hour was up I felt like everything I ever knew about makeup was one big lie, I actually knew nothing and Lindsey opened a whole new world of make up tips and possibilities to me!  

(Now I'm sat here typing away singing A Whole New World at the top of my lungs, good job my housemates aren't in...)

Lindsey created this lovely everyday look with a pale-brown-taupe smoky eye effect and it looked beautiful. She showed me how to contour, how to make my brows look natural, the best place for highlighting - everything! She tried a more dramatic look on me with some pencil liner under my eyes - but I could feel my skin itching and swelling from the pencil liner so I asked her to take the line off and she was so good about it. I felt like a pain in the bum for asking her to take it off but my skin was already starting to react to it so not good. I was so pleased and impressed by Lindsey that I bought three quarters of the things she used on my face! In particular the eye shadow palette was amazing - she used it for my smoky eyes, contouring and highlighting! 

This time round with MAC I couldn't fault them or their customer service - all the workers that were in this time round were genuinely lovely and pleasant people. So as an afterthought, although my experience first time was horrible, this time round has completely changed my perspective on MAC and their team. I was completely put off buying their products after the August incident but as you can tell - that has been reversed. 


Ps - the eye cream is beautiful. It makes such a difference to my dark circles under my eyes.

 A huge thank you to Lindsey for making my MAC experience so good - I doubt you'll ever see this but if you do then thank you! MAC Meadowhall are super lucky to have such a passionate worker as you! Also a big, big thank you to Jade for coming with me and letting me drag her out of bed at silly o'clock whilst still a bit tipsy *monkey emoji* 


So that's it for today, let me know what you think. Have you had a MAC experience similar to mine - good or bad? Let me know in the comments! Thanks for reading again as always, don't forget to follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Bloglovin for updates about my blog and my everyday life. Or if you just want to see pictures of my cats then that's cool too! The products above I will do individual blog posts for when the time comes, so keep your eyes open for that!  Thanks again, 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Middleton. Design by Fearne.