My Top Four Autumn/Winter Shades!

9 October 2015


Hey guys,

I can't believe it's October already, it really is crazy how fast this year is going. The nights are creeping in sooner, the heatings on, Halloween and Christmas are around the corner - it's so exciting. On the other hand, it means that Uni is getting more intense, I have a dissertation deadline coming up at the end of October already and I don't think I've been more unprepared for something... So naturally instead of doing diss research I decide to write a post on my favourite Autumn and Winter lipstick shades! I've been super excited to write this post because I really love this time of the year because of the dark shades. I find that they compliment my skin more than a pale shade would. I found it quite hard to narrow it down but I managed to get it down to four. They are: 

Sleek True Colour - Vamp, Kate Moss - 107, Maybelline - Divine Wine and MAC - Velvet Teddy.




Now I know some people may question the Velvet Teddy choice but for me I find it works and looks better on my lips in Autumn and Winter rather than Spring and Summer. For me it's Kinda Sexy in S/S and Velvet Teddy in A/W. Plus I felt like I needed to have some nude-ish lipstick in there somewhere! 
Kate Moss in 107 was the first dark lipstick I ever owned and I fell in love straight away, it's always been a guaranteed A/W purchase, if they were to ever discontinue this lipstick I think I would die a little inside. 
Divine Wine by Maybelline is also creeping up the ladders, I've never actually tried Maybelline lipstick before but this one is beautiful. It's matte as well which is an added bonus as matte is really the only lipstick I like to wear and what I feel most confident with. 
Last but not least is Sleek True Colour in Vamp. I literally bought it this week and I have been in love. I haven't purchased anything by Sleek in a very long time. I fell out of love with the brand because I wore it so much, but the little break from Sleek is making me re-fall in love all over again! I forgot how pigmented Sleek make up was which is something I always loved about Sleek. It's cheap as chips too for a high quality product so you can't really go wrong. I'm going to do a separate blog post about this lipstick soon so keep your eyes peeled for that!



You can see from the swatches how beautiful they are on the skin and how pigmented they are. That's one definite benefit about the A/W shades - one quick motion on your lips and the colour is so intense already that you needn't apply anymore! I do find however that Divine Wine and Vamp are pretty similar in colour so if you're wanting a cheaper version of Divine Wine then Vamp is the one! I find 107 to have a more pinky undertone (if you know what I mean) so it adds to the boldness of the lips.

Below are swatches of my favourite A/W shades. From top to bottom are: Sleek - Vamp, Kate Moss - 107, Maybelline - Divine Wine and MAC - Velvet Teddy.




So there you have it, my favourite lipstick shades for Autumn and Winter. You have no idea how difficult this was to pinpoint it to just four shades. What do you guys think? Do you like these shades? Which is your favourite and what is your go-to A/W shade? 
Let me know in the comments below! Thanks again as always for reading! Make sure you follow me on Bloglovin, Instagram and Twitter. I'm thinking about doing a Halloween blog post with a 'how-to' for a Zombie look - let me know in the comments what you think! Thanks again, 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Middleton. Design by Fearne.