MAC Pro Longwear Foundation Review!

6 October 2015

Hey guys,

Sorry about the lack of posts again in the last week, I'm really struggling to balance work, reading, uni and spending time with Kayne. I knew third year was going to be intense but I didn't think it would be this intense. 

Today I'm reviewing MAC Pro Longwear SPF 10 Foundation in the shade NW15. 
This was recommended to me during my MAC hour, Lindsey tried it out on me and my skin looked flawless. Naturally, I bought one myself because of how good my skin looked and felt with this foundation on.

In the past I've used NW20 for my foundation, but apparently my skin is a lot lighter than I thought and NW15 was a perfect match. I was quite surprised by this because I've worn NW20 for the last two years. 
It's quite a thin foundation so to speak, it's not 'gloopy' which I quite like as I hate thick foundations. I always feel that with thick foundation I feel and look really cakey (which is not a good look). One qualm I definitely have with this is how little the pump actually gives, I have to do atleast two-three pumps to get a sufficient amount on my hand. (It's a really petty thing I know).



As you can see in the picture below, it's pretty close to my skin tone on my hand and even more so on my face. It just sits really nicely and like I've said already it makes my skin look flawless. I apply the pro longwear foundation with the Real Techniques Bold Metals foundation brush. I did contemplate getting a foundation brush from MAC but I'm in love with my Bold Metals brush so I didn't see the point. Another thing I like about this foundation is that it doesn't make my skin look shiny which is a massive bonus, I found that it makes my skin look almost matte which I surprisingly liked. It's supposed to give up to 15 hours of wear - to some extent I think I would agree. I've not actually tried it for 15 hours yet but I've worn it for long days at uni or nights out and the foundation has always remained perfectly in tact. If you've seen some pictures of me on a night out then you will know how much of a mess I am so this is super beneficial for me... 


All in all, I'm really impressed with this foundation and my only issue like I said is the little pumps it gives rather than the big ones which I prefer. I would recommend this foundation if you're struggling to find one with durability and one that provides good coverage. It is £25.00 but it is worth every penny I think. The size of the bottle too suggests to me that it's going to last a long time which is another added bonus. 

Have you ever tried this foundation? Did you enjoy it? Or could you not get on with it? Let me know in the comments below what you think! I hope you enjoyed todays post. I'm going to try post as frequently as possible but my reading at the moment is pretty intense so it might just be weekly posting as opposed to posting two-three times a week like I did over the summer. I always feel bad if I let anyone down but obviously university comes first. Make sure you follow me on Twitter, Instagram and Bloglovin for updates on the blog. Thanks for reading,






Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Middleton. Design by Fearne.