Products Not Worth The Hype!

11 April 2016


As a follow on from my previous post: Products Worth The Hype! I thought it would be interesting to do a products not worth the hype post!
So people have raved about these products in particular but I've found them not all that they're cut out to be! 




Barry M Gelly Nail Polish - I get that they're cheap and affordable so what's not to love about that? But I just seriously can't get on with them. The colours are beautiful yes, but they chip and peel off pretty much straight away. I keep buying more though, I don't know why - maybe it's the colours that lure me in but they really don't sit well with me unfortunately.

Yves Saint Laurent Touch Eclat Radiant Touch - Possibly the worst £22.50 I've spent ever. I had seen so many people rave about how amazing this product was so I was really excited to try it but I was soon disappointed. It went crumbly on my skin, wore off really quickly, dried up and just not great to be honest with you. I think it didn't help that people hyped it up so much so my expectations were set super high. 

Kate Moss Lipstick 05 -  This is the only lipstick of hers that I don't get on with and oddly enough one of many people's favourite lipstick of hers. I just find it really creamy/sheeny, and it doesn't last long on my lips - it rubs off after like 20 minutes. I can't eat or drink with this on. However, none of her others do it to me so maybe it's just this particular colour. 

Sleek True Colour Lipstick in Vamp - Ok after writing this, this lipstick isn't too bad. It's just not me. I don't like the size of it for starters, it's way too small. I get that with Sleek it's cheap so that shouldn't matter but I like having decent sized lipsticks. However, it does last longer than the Kate Moss lipstick, but only by a little bit extra. If it's just a short term thing you're after then go ahead - the colour is really nice in all honesty. It's just not all that it's cracked up to be I'm afraid!

MAC Cosmetics Studio Fix Fluid - I had seen makeup artists bless this piece of makeup, I had seen bloggers who have loved it, people on my social networking - basically everywhere! Decided to give this a try and was quickly disappointed. You don't get a pump with it for a kick off, I know you can buy them cheap but after spending £22 I don't want to pay extra. It's extremely thick and gloopy as well which I hated, the coverage is too much. I would always get horrible spots after using this for a couple of days too. Just not my cup of tea unfortunately. 

Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow - Very disappointing. I had high hopes for this product. The lady on the Benefit counter promised great things but it did not deliver unfortunately. The applicator is like a mascara wand - you go in at the wrong angle and there's a nice, lovely big blob of Gimme Brow on your forehead, plus it doesn't actually make much difference to your eyebrows, especially if you have dark ones like me. 


Have you ever tried these products? Do you agree? What other products do you think aren't worth the hype? Thanks for reading, be sure to check out my other posts! Also make sure you follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Bloglovin' for updates about my life and the blog!


Twitter               -           Instagram            -             Facebook                -          Bloglovin'


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Middleton. Design by Fearne.