Products Worth The Hype

8 April 2016


So there are certain products in the blogging community and in general that seem to be taking it by storm. Sometimes I jump on the bandwagon to see what the hype is all about, sometimes I just do it because I'm genuinely interested in the product - like Kylie Jenner's Lip Kits - I was genuinely interested in her product so I was successful in her first ever release (yay).




Make up Revolution Flawless Palette - I had seen so many people rant and rave about this, I had read reviews all over the internet and I couldn't find a single bad one. So I decided to give it a whirl. At £8 it's pretty good pricing, considering you get 32 eyeshadows. For that simple reason I did not have high hopes because that is ALOT for your money. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The palette is super pigmented, a lovely range of colours and is long wearing! You can read a past review from my blog on this palette here

Benefit Cosmetics Rollerlash Mascara - Benefit hyped the release of this product up so much, I was a bit baffled at first how it would work. I literally imagined hair curlers on my lashes (weird right I know) I was curious as to see whether it was the 'holy grail' of mascaras. After my first use it became my favourite all time mascara. I don't think I'll ever prefer another mascara to another. This will forever be on my favourites list.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade - I had seen bloggers raving about this. Alongside some popular Instagram make up artists and the actual Anastasia Beverly Hills Instagram page itself, I had seen and heard nothing but good things. This product was definitely a 'jump on the bandwagon' purchase. I have to admit, I was not disappointed and I am now one of those bloggers who raves about this product. It's amazing. I have also done a review of the pomade here.

Benefit Cosmetics Boi-ing Concealer - This was off my own back. I had heard that it was being dubbed 'industrial strength' concealer. My usual concealer (Soap & Glory Kick Ass) just wasn't doing the trick anymore so when I was getting my brows done at the Benefit counter they recommended this to me, gave it a whirl and holy moly it is incredible!! I'm a huge lover of Benefit anyway but this concealer is something else. I have also got a post about this concealer if you want to click here!

Lip Kit by Kylie - So I've briefly discussed the lip kit already. This is one of the best lip products I've tried. It's long lasting and everything. It ticks all the boxes for me. Her products are 100% cruelty free and all of them except Candy K (I'm not sure why) are vegan friendly! If you want a more in depth review - check out my review here!

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - Last but not least. I think this would be a great dupe of the Benefit Boi-ing concealer if I'm being honest. It seems to do the same job for me and lasts just as long. I really recommend this concealer if you're on a budget. This first became all the hype because of Youtube superstars Zoella and Tanya Burr. I jumped on the bandwagon with this one and I could see why there was such a big hype around it. It genuinely did the job and it's super cheap so what more could you want?

Have you ever tried these products? What other makeup brands/products do you think are worth the hype? Let me know in the comments what you think!


I hope you enjoyed today's post. I'm tempted to do a 'products not worth the hype' post depending on how this one goes! Thanks for reading, be sure to check out my other posts! Also make sure you follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Bloglovin' for updates about my life and the blog! 

Twitter           -         Instagram            -           Facebook        


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Middleton. Design by Fearne.