£20 Make up challenge!

6 April 2016


I remember seeing this tag on Youtube years ago and I don't know who originally created the £20 makeup challenge tag so I am not claiming this to be mine but I'm going to try kick start it back up and add a twist to it.




So basically, if you don't know what this challenge is. You have to get as much makeup as possible for £20 - you can't go over this limit but you can go under. So once you've got your makeup - write about it, try it on your face and take a photo so that your readers can see it. Next, say what you liked, what you didn't like etc - kind of like a review but a fun one! Then, next you nominate other bloggers to try the £20 make up challenge, I posted on The Girl Gang the other week on who would be interested and the response was great! You also have to say who nominated you and a link to their make up challenge post!  


Now we have the basics out the way, let's get started!

So I was wandering around Boots and Superdrug and it felt like forever that I was in there because I really had to look hard to find cheap makeup that had the potential to also be good. After an hour of traipsing Kayne down the make up aisles I'd finally done it!

  My grand total came to £19.98

What did I buy?

Makeup Revolution Viper Mascara - This came in at a nice, cheap and cheerful £3.00 the name persuaded me to get it. The actual wand is a bit weird, literally shaped like a snake. The mascara has quite a thin texture to it so I don't know how I feel about it. But it definitely volumised my lashes and made them seem thicker. It didn't extend on my length though.


Makeup Revolution Brow Shaping Kit - I got this in medium/dark and I felt that even the darkest shade in this palette wasn't dark enough for me. This was £2.50. Again, pretty decent pricing. I honestly wasn't expecting much from this but I was pleasantly surprised! You get three powder shades and like a clear gel (which was freaky) I was a bit shaky at first because I rarely use eyebrow powder but it's done a decent job!



MUA Lipstick in shade 11 - For £1.00 you really can't go wrong with this. It's a lovely warm day time nude. I also used this for blusher on my cheeks (but only very lightly) because I didn't have enough money to buy blusher but it's definitely added colour to me! The only thing I don't like about this lipstick is that it's quite creamy and shiny but that's because I prefer matte lips - so it's just down to personal preference I think.


Makeup Revolution Liquid Eyeliner - £1.50. I'm not really sure what to make of this. It went on pretty well but the actual wand bit I don't like - it was really hard on my skin and my left eye feels a bit sore from it. But again, I'm used to fabric/false hair applicators so maybe that's why.


Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - This is where I got lucky - at Superdrug it's priced up at £4.19 but at Boots it's on offer at the moment at £3.99 so I was really lucky because it took me into my budget! I used to love this concealer back in the day but it was just something I fell out of love with. However, I remember why I loved it so much. The coverage is fantastic, it's cheap, blends so easy and it lasts all day. I also used this as a highlighter for under my brows so I got this in fair 1. 


Rimmel London Match Perfect Foundation - The most expensive item in my challenge. This is my every day foundation and I love, love, love it! It's £8.99 and by far my favourite foundation ever. I got the wrong shade by mistake so I got true ivory instead of ivory but it's been fine so far!



The result?


So as you can see, it's actually turned out pretty well! I'm pretty chuffed with the results. So I think I've found my make up choices for the days where I can't be arsed or I want to just be minimal as possible. I can't wait to see what everyone else finds!

I nominate:

1. @Jordancourtney_ over on www.jordancourtney.co.uk
2. @justinependrill over on www.justinepedrill.com
4. @jadeimogen94 over on www.wingitwithjade.wordpress.com
5. @Aimeejhughes over on www.aimeehughes.co.uk 
6. @desire4beauty over on www.desire4beauty.wordpress.com
7. @insidelaurashead over on www.insidelaurashead.com
8. @juicyyyjesss over on www.juicyyyjesss.co.uk
9. @sunshinesarahxo over on www.writingrambling.co.uk
10. @luisachristie over on www.eatsleepluisarepeat.co.uk
11. @quesarahsarahx over on www.quesarahsarahx.wordpress.com 
12. @MammafulZo over on www.mammafulzo.com
13. @shambiwolf over on www.cycleswithwolves.me
14. @whentaniatalks over on www.whentaniatalks.com 

I can't wait to see what you all find and how it goes - make sure you tag me in your post and let me know when it's live! I can't wait!


I hope you've all enjoyed the post today! Thanks for reading, let me know in the comments what you think! I hope this helps people who are on a budget or helps people to discover a new found makeup love! Be sure to check out my social media accounts for updates on the blog or just general life! 


Twitter          -             Facebook            -              Instagram           -             Bloglovin'


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Middleton. Design by Fearne.