Salvation Velvet Lip Lacquers: The Next Makeup Revolution?

15 April 2016

Ayee, you see what I did there with the blog title? I thought it was pretty clever!


So, I thought it might be time to do some shopping around, see what matte related products I could get for my lips since the Kylie Lip Kit seems to be pretty impossible to get right now, I'm also quite interested to see how other various matte liquid lipsticks stand in the rankings. 






I had seen a few swatches of these online and heard some great things. For only £3 I knew I just had to get my hands on them and see what all the fuss was about!

I went with two shades just incase: Rebel and What I Believe. First initial impression was a bit hit and miss, they look slightly different to the website but that I can live with. I was just really excited to try them!

First of all the colours are lovely - despite the website being slightly different, it still looked pretty good. I keep saying that I'm trying to branch out to a more varied range of lipsticks and I think it's working!  Below is a swatch of them in natural daylight on my arm. As you can see, Rebel was still drying and I had smudged it loads already waiting for it to dry!


One definite downside to these lip lacquers is the length of drying time. It takes around 2-3 minutes for it to dry.

I absolutely love Rebel. It's a gorgeous purple/red shade and it looks killer on your lips. I would say it's more of a winter/autumn shade but I've worn it a few times in March and April and I've definitely rocked it (without trying to sound too big headed here...)



So this is what it looks like on my lips, can you see what I mean about the purple/red shade? But I bloody love it! It is gorgeous, it makes my lips look so full! I have quite a plump lower lip in general and my top lip is decent enough size, but this just adds to it so well! I haven't overlined my lips or anything like that! 



Next up is What I Believe. This is a beautiful pinky tone. This reminds me of cupcakes and frosting on the cakes. I'm not sure why but it does! I've only had the guts to wear this twice out the house, I didn't feel comfortable, I do however think that this may not necessarily suit my skin tone. It's beautiful all the same and I'm going to keep trying with it because I really adore this colour!


So this is what it looks like on my lips, as you can see it is quite an intense pinky/orangey/bright shade. Apologies about how grainy this photo has turned out. I've only just realised as I put it on here and now I'm back home typing this up and the lip lacquer is back in Lincoln - argh! Anyway -  This is a beautiful colour and it stays on like glue.



The great things about these lip lacquers - they dry matte (hooray), they are basically industrial strength once they're on your lips, they're cheap and there's a whole range of colours! All in all, it's a 9.5/10 for me - the only reason why I couldn't give a 10/10 is because of the drying time, if it didn't take as long then it would be the perfect product! £3 is pretty good going. I've also just realised how often and how much I rave about Makeup Revolution products... oops! 

Have you ever tried this lip lacquers? Do you like them? What shades do you have? Let me know in the comments below!

I hope you enjoyed todays read! Sorry I'm posting this fairly late at night, bit of a room malfunction earlier on (oops) Thanks for reading as always, make sure you follow me on social media for life updates and updates on the blog! If you enjoy cats, happiness, the occasional ranting, gifs, unicorns and emojis - then head on down to my social media! Thanks again,


Twitter           -        Instagram        -         Bloglovin'         -      Facebook         -          Pinterest



Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Middleton. Design by Fearne.