High Street vs High End: Eyeshadow palettes

10 May 2016



I've been wanting to do this post for so long but I've not quite been able to get round to typing it all up. My blog is lacking so much at the moment and I'm really angry with myself but if you have me on social media then you would've seen my royal fuck up on my essay the DAY of the hand in and then I've been working and revising so just been juggling a bit too much I think!






Anyway, I've seen this debate for far too long - high street or high end? Which is better? Obviously you have to take into account the price, brand, quality etc when purchasing anything. ESPECIALLY if it's high end. There's nothing worse than spending loads of money on a high end product and it being a piece of poo is there?

I think I might do more of the HS vs HE posts - involving lipstick, eyeliner, foundation etc - let me know in the comments what you think! :)


First up is Makeup Revolution. This brand has sent the makeup industry and blogging community crazy. They're so cheap, it's unbelievable. But the question is? Are they good? Yep! The shades are so pigmented, a little goes a long way. It's £8 for the palettes and you get 32 shades, 32!! I've done a review on the Makeup Revolution Flawless palette which you can see here! I just think it's great that there is finally a makeup company that is super affordable and fab quality.




Next up is the Urban Decay Naked eyeshadow range. I have three of their palettes - Naked2, Naked3 and NakedSmoky. These are expensive and you only get 12 shades. Yes these shades are good, they're beautiful and pigmented. They don't last very long on the lids I've found, even with a primer. For the price you pay, you'd expect them to be invincible on your eyes. I think the Naked range has been too hyped up now and that's why they've been slightly disappointing for me upon reflection. Don't get me wrong, I loved them at the time, but now I've found better products for a better price. I will still use them as well, I'll mix up the shades with other palettes


So for me - which is better Urban Decay or Makeup Revolution?  

Without a doubt, Makeup Revolution. Affordable, amazing quality, good range of shades, super pigmented and more!


Have you tried any of these products? which do you prefer? Are you a high street or a high end? Let me know in the comments below!


Thanks for reading, I hope you've enjoyed the read. I promise I'll try to get back 'on it' with blogging but please bare with me - May is proving to be difficult already AND I move back home forever at the end of the month *gulp* Be sure to follow me on all social media for life updates and blog updates! Also make sure you check out my giveaway you can find the link right here!



Twitter          -       Facebook        -          Instagram         -          Pinterest        -          Bloglovin'


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Middleton. Design by Fearne.