Kourt K and Ginger: First Impressions

26 August 2016



Another day, another frantic evening bashing the refresh button, a mad dash for the check out and another Kylie Cosmetics purchase made...




This time I grabbed one of Kylie Jenner's summer shades: Ginger and one of her older shades Kourt K.

Now, I have a slight niggle with Kylie Cosmetics. Just recently, the deliveries have taken longer and longer each time I've ordered. I get that I'm an international customer so they do take longer to get here but now I'm waiting well up to a month for my packages and that never used to be the case. Is anyone else experiencing this? Also, I don't think I'll be buying from Kylie Cosmetics for a while now - I can't handle the custom charges anymore! They've really cracked down on these. Customs seem to like changing the price too - in my last order before this one the custom charge was £14.63 and then for this order it was £19.76... Does anyone know why this is? They weighed exactly the same! It just sucks really when international customers spend the amount they do on shipping to then have added charges, boooo. I've had my rant - now for the whole point of this post!

I have been eyeing up Kourt K since it was first released. I love the colour of it - it's such a rich, dark purple and I just know it'll be perfect for Autumn/Winter. I didn't buy it for a while for various reasons:
1. It wasn't a shade I'll ever wear for Spring/Summer so I didn't see much point.
2. I had heard some pretty mixed reviews on Kourt K.
3. There were other shades I wanted way more than Kourt K.
I had always wanted Kourt K, I just wanted to wait until it was closer to September before I bought it.  There are so many mixed reviews about Kourt K as I stated in my reasons, I didn't really want to spend a lot of money if it was just going to go patchy and weird. However, I had also seen a lot of good reviews about Kourt K! So, I decided to go against all the reviews that said it was 'patchy' and 'drying' and just went for it. I'm so glad I just went with my gut instinct on this one. It's absolutely stunning. I can't wait to rock this shade in A/W with my heeled chelsea boots, a mustard jumper and my gorgeous new scarf thanks to Direct Line (long story but they're absolute babes and I'll be going to them for my insurance) aaah... Getting the Autumn feels so bad right now!


Next up is Ginger. Now I doubted my purchase after buying this - did I really need another brown/nudeish lipstick? Did I really need Ginger adding to my collection? After googling more and more swatches it seemed to be a really dark brown so I worried about it even suiting me. However, once I saw it on Kylie Jenner in one of her many Snapchat stories I was sold that it should suit me fine. It's a lovely warm terracotta brown and I can see this fast becoming a new favourite of mine. In light of the recent Girl Gang chat that I hosted for Jemma (eek I know) I decided that Ginger and Kourt K will be perfect Autumnal shades. I'm all about the dark lips in Autumn.


Have you got Kourt K or Ginger? Do you like them? Did you not? Do you want them? Let me know in the comments below!

Thanks for reading, I hope you've enjoyed the read! Be sure to check out my social media for updates on life and the blog! Thanks again lovelies,


 Twitter         -        Facebook          -       Instagram          -        Pinterest          -       Bloglovin'

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Middleton. Design by Fearne.