Florida highlights - Part three!

23 August 2016


This is going to be the last Florida highlights post *sob* I've tried to hold this off for as long as possible because I don't want to come to terms with Florida being done and dusted with for good...

Can you believe I've been back a month already?! I always have major holiday blues and I'm currently trying to persuade Kayne to go abroad next year already. I love holidays and seeing different parts of the world!

Day Eight - 13th July
This day was a chilled day, we hung around the pool that morning and then headed off to the Florida Mall for a spot of shopping (yay) and this was where I first encountered a Sephora and did major damage to our travel card... Oops! It was totally worth it though. We planned to head back to Hollywood Studios again to watch the night time showings of Beauty and the Beast and Fantasmic. We also booked a Fastpass for the Rock n Roller Coaster whilst we waited for Fantasmic entry to begin. I really like the Rock n Roller Coaster - Kayne was a bit nervous because he didn't realise about the loops and spins (LOL) but he soon got over it and he loved it!

Fantasmic was also incredible as always! I love the ending of Fantasmic when all the characters come out on the boat!


Day Nine - 14th July
Ahh Islands of Adventure. I absolutely love this park. It's amazing for thrill seekers and home to the Incredible Hulk rollercoaster AND the second half to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter! Sadly, the Hulk was closed for refurbishment when we were there which I was absolutely gutted about because it's such a brilliant ride. Kayne had also got himself pumped up for this ride so he was gutted aswell that it wasn't open. However, we pretty much went on everything else that the park had to offer so that was great! I was like a little kid at Christmas when we reached Harry Potter - the last time I was in this park, I saw it all being built. I suddenly became overwhelmed by the whole experience and Harry Potter, I got a bit emotional not going to lie... The ride inside Hogwarts was amazing and I would ride it again in a heart beat (whenever I go back to Florida that is obviously)


Day Ten - 15th July
On to Epcot! The last of the Disney parks we needed to visit. Epcot is pretty cool because it holds the World Showcase so you can experience different parts of the world! It was extremely quiet in Epcot too which was bizarre to me, baring in mind we were visiting in July which is supposed to be an insane crowd level, so it looked like we got lucky! The only downside to Epcot is the heat - this park is the biggest sun trap of them all and I struggled to cope with the heat here. This is also home to Test Track and Soarin'  -  the wait time for Soarin' was ridiculous so we didn't bother but we had fastpasses for Test Track and we loved it! It's basically a larger than life scalextric!



Day Eleven 16th July
I'm not going to write about what we did in the day because I don't want to offend any readers. We spent a couple hours at SeaWorld. (No Shamu or anything like that because I don't agree with it at all and fully support the empty the tanks campaign, I just did the rides)

However, in the evening we headed back to Epcot to catch their nighttime firework display -  Illuminations: Reflections of Earth. This is just a magical display and this also got me to shed a couple tears. It was delayed for about 45 minutes because the heavens opened and we got absolutely drenched... But it was totally worth it. Ironically Kayne and I took refuge in the United Kingdom section of the world showcase when the rain was at its heaviest - nothing like being reminded of home aye? I love this display so much and even Kayne was mesmerised by this display.


Day Twelve - 17th July
This is a tradition that my family have - we always go back to Magic Kingdom for one last time towards the end of our holiday so Kayne and I did the same. We was also going to go back to Islands of Adventure quickly because the new Kong ride opened when we were out there but it would mean Kayne's dad driving us 30-40 minutes to Islands of Adventure for one ride and then me and Kayne trying to find transport to Magic Kingdom - it wouldn't have been fair on Kayne's dad to drive us so we settled for Magic Kingdom instead. By this point Pokemon Go was in full swing in Florida so we had fun hunting for Pokemon in Magic Kingdom! We re-rode our favourite rides there and got some lovely pictures infront of the castle. One ride I was disappointed with sadly was the Seven Dwarves Mine Train - I think because we queued for well over an hour for this ride and it looked amazing, we were slightly disheartened by it. If the hype wasn't built up so much I know we both would've loved it more!

One last glimpse of the castle and my emotions once more took hold. I can't even begin to explain what Disney feels like for me and how many memories it holds. I always like to stand for a couple minutes in the square of Main Street USA and just reflect. That sounds really sad I know but that's what I've always done!

After Magic Kingdom we used the Disney transport to go to Disney Springs for a spot of shopping and food! Of course I went into Sephora... I snapped up the Modern Renaissance Palette and another ABH liquid lipstick! The Sephora team in Disney Springs were outstanding, best customer service I've had in a long time!


Day Thirteen - 18th July
Our last full day in Florida *sob* we decided we just wanted to chill out so we headed to Typhoon Lagoon for one last time BUT the rain hit smack bang in the middle of the day and it was in for a couple hours so we left Typhoon Lagoon after about two hours which is disappointing since it was our last day and I was dying to be as tanned as possible for coming back to the UK (sad right?) but the weather can't be helped! We headed over to the Golden Corral for their famous all you can eat buffet (yum - seriously - yum) and then just chilled out by the pool once the storm passed. We then had a couple drinks round the poolside and played some card games which was actually really fun!

Day fourteen was obviously spent travelling so there's no point telling you about that!

I hope you enjoyed the Florida highlights series, you can check out both part one and part two here! I would happily go back to Florida in a heartbeat, so who knows - in the very distant future there could be more Florida posts (I really doubt this but I can keep dreaming)

Be sure to follow me on social media for life updates and blog updates! Or if you just want a chat, head over to my Twitter! Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed it,


          Twitter         -        Facebook          -       Instagram          -        Pinterest          -       Bloglovin'

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Middleton. Design by Fearne.