Summer Makeup Essentials!

16 August 2016



Now I don't know about you guys, but when it comes to makeup, there are just some products that we just can't live without! My makeup changes so much, especially in the summer months...


My makeup tends to be seasonal - I'll go for bronzer more in the summer and come Autumn/Winter I'll be reaching for my blushers. I don't know why, I just do! I haven't added lipstick into this because I don't have a specific summer lipstick, I go for anything between nudes and bright oranges during the Spring/Summer months!

Here are just some of my summer makeup essentials!

Benefit Cosmetics - Rollerlash Mascara
Seriously... this mascara is bae. This is the best mascara I have ever owned and I'm not even exaggerating either. I can't see me using any other mascara for a long time. This mascara just does wonders for my eyelashes. It makes them super long and curvy, it never clumps my lashes and it just everything it says on the box and more. I can't recommend this mascara enough to people. I swear by it!




Benefit Cosmetics - KAbrow gel
This is from Benefit's latest brow range and holy crap this is good. It's a pomade formula so a little goes a long way. You get a cute little brush with it which is actually pretty decent to use - I tend to use this brush with my brows for this product. A little goes a long way with this product too so you really don't need much and it stays in place pretty well which is ideal for when you're a bit sweaty from the heat... I also wore this in Florida and it stayed on wonderfully! (Ps - the Goof Proof pencil is also a firm favourite of mine) Also the packaging is SO cute! This reminds me of a carousel so much!


Benefit Cosmetics - Ready, Steady, Brow clear gel
Another Benefit product... Can you tell I'm seriously in love with the brand? Without this gel, my eyebrows wouldn't stay in tact like they do. This just sets them firmly in place. In Florida I would use this - in particular the days where I knew there would be water rides or water parks and it held my brows in place perfectly! I know this will turn into a year long essential and not just the summer!


Benefit Cosmetics - Porefessional shine vanishing powder 
This is amazing stuff. It really is. This is perfect to just pop on your skin to avoid the shine! I also use this as a setter for my concealer and it does amazing. I tend to pop this on the lower part of my forehead near my brows and a light coverage on my nose and it does the job wonderfully! I've never had to buy this yet - I won this in a competition with Benefit Cosmetics and I held off using it until it started to warm up in England so I could really test the product out and I'm so glad that I waited!




Estee Lauder - Double Wear Concealer
Ok, as much as I adore this concealer, I won't be purchasing again *sob* until they're cruelty free. I'm trying really hard to push myself away from cruelty to animal products and go cruelty free but god it's hard, you just don't realise how many companies still test on animals and it's such a shame! But in all honesty, this concealer is incredible. It's definitely one of the best concealers I've ever used and I'll be sad when it's empty. This covers my under eye circles brilliantly and it STAYS on all day. I also wore this in Florida just for the dark circle coverage and it was amazing, I also wore it to water parks (again for the circles) and it stayed on the entire day! Truly, this is a brilliant concealer.


Soap & Glory -  Supercat eyeliner
This is my favourite eyeliner of all. I've not found one that quite beats it yet. I find it super easy to use in comparison to say a liquid liner. Although I am eyeing up the Zoeva liners... This doesn't crumble when on the lids which I love and it seems to last me forever and I wear eyeliner most days! I honestly don't remember the last time I bought this eyeliner. It's a winner for me!


Anastasia Beverly Hills - Sundipped Glow Kit
The mother of highlighters. This is an incredible highlight palette. There's four shades and my absolute favourite has to be Summer (ironic ha) I do quite like tourmaline but I haven't quite perfected how to wear it yet. Bronzed is the darkest and least used in my palette, I'm kinda scared of it to be honest with you! Moonstone is also beautiful and I tend to wear this for work because whilst it stands out, it's more subtle than Summer and Tourmaline. This palette is fantastic. It's SO pigmented, the swatch below was just one swish of my finger. I use this every day for my brow arch and cheek bones and I get loads of compliments when wearing this! (left to right - Moonstone, Summer, Tourmaline, Bronzed)


Too Faced Baked Bronzer
This was a little Sephora purchase and I don't regret it. Mixing the two halves of the heart together creates a gorgeous sun kissed look! Unfortunately I don't have a photo of this up close because I had to split up taking photos as I had to dash off to Kayne's and left it there! However, this is a gorgeous bronzer and perfect for the summer sun kissed look!

So there you have it, my summer makeup essentials! Excluding foundation, eyeshadow and lipstick. My reasons for leaving these products out are: I don't wear foundation at the moment. I haven't worn it since the end of June so I would feel silly putting it in here! Eyeshadow because I chop and change what palette I want to use and lipstick as stated earlier - I'll go for anything!

Have you ever tried any of these products? What do you think of them? Any products on here you want to try? Let me know in the comments below!

Thanks for reading, be sure to follow me on all social media for updates on the blog and life updates! I hope you enjoyed the post. Thanks again,

  Twitter         -        Facebook          -       Instagram          -        Pinterest          -       Bloglovin'

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Middleton. Design by Fearne.