Things I'd Tell My Younger Self

24 November 2015


If I could go back in time and tell my seven-fourteen year old self all this stuff, I would. I made some horrific fashion and makeup mistakes. I made some bad decisions, I mourned bands breaking up for weeks - the list goes on. We all make mistakes, we're only human at the end of it all. Here are just a couple of things I'd tell my younger self:

Stay sassy. 
Number one rule.

Step away from the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse eyeshadow (specifically blue)
It never was a good look on you Katie, don't try and kid yourself.

You can get through the S Club 7 and Busted split. 
They get back together in a few years time then you see S Club 7 live (and you'll cry and annoy the crap out of Kayne). 

Listen to Mum, as much as you hate to admit this, she is always right. 


Your make up skills WILL improve...


So will your eyebrows, the one hair brow look was NOT a good look on reflection. 


You will become a cat lady, this is good. 



Going to University will be one of your best life experiences so far.
The stress and everything will be worth it, you'll meet some of the best people. 


Don't worry about what people think of you, haters gonna hate.



You won't remain a total fashion disaster forever... 
Some looks were not good.

WKD will NOT get you drunk.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it.
Who doesn't love a bit of Bruce Bogtrotter inspo from Matilda?


Never give up on what you believe in.  

Stay positive. 

The past is the past for a reason, don't dwell on it. Embrace the future and live for the moment.
Little bit of Lion King in there (you can't change the past) 

Keep smiling. 
 So you're going to have some shit times - but you're also going to have some amazing times. So stay positive and keep smiling! 



So that's it for today! I hope you enjoyed this post, I really enjoyed writing this. Make sure you leave a comment below what you think! Would you tell your younger self similar things?
 Make sure you follow me on Twitter, Instagram and Bloglovin for updates on the blog and general life bits! Thanks for reading - I'll post again soon, 





Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Middleton. Design by Fearne.