My Top Five Lipsticks!

11 August 2016



Ahh lipsticks... My best friend. I will be the first to admit that I have an obsession with lipsticks. It is the one product that I will buy loads of, even if I really don't need it, just for the sake of having it. It's no lie that I have more lipsticks than I do underwear either... So you could say I am addicted to lipsticks...


I'm a lipstick enthusiast for sure! I found this incredibly difficult to narrow down my favourite lipsticks to just five. I took about 20 different photos with different lipsticks, I was constantly changing my mind but I managed to get it down to my top five! Drum roll please...

Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in Dusty Rose
Kylie Cosmetics in 22
Kylie Cosmetics in Dolce K
MAC in Velvet Teddy
NARS Audacious Matte in Lava


Dusty Rose -
This liquid lipstick is just incredible. I've only had it a month and it's already become a fast all time favourite. The formula of the lipstick is insane. This withstands the tests of time - it doesn't come off for eating, drinking or makeup remover! The only problem with this lipstick... YOU CAN'T GET THEM IN THE UK! I got this whilst on holiday in Florida. I originally bought this for my American giveaway but the entire holiday I couldn't help but wish I bought one for myself so on the second to last night I went straight to Sephora and got myself one! I don't really want to make any more US makeup purchases for a long time but I definitely will make exceptions for Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipstick!



22 -
A gorgeous burnt orange. This is perfect for the summer. This gives me so much confidence and I am loving the orange lipstick at the moment! This comes with a lip liner and it just makes your lips look that little bit more fuller! I get so many compliments when I wear this too so this is another reason why it's made it to my top five! I just love this colour so much, Kylie Jenner certainly outdid herself when she created this shade. Plus I'm 22 so this shade is even more fitting...



Dolce K -
I'm a sucker for brown nude lipsticks! I never used to ever want to wear them. I just thought they'd never suit me. However, I thought it'd be time to step out my comfort zone and test the waters! Well I wasn't disappointed! This shade is gorgeous and not being big headed but it really suits me (HA) This also comes with a lip liner and it stays in place all day whenever I wear it! I love wearing this for nights out with bold eyes, it just works really well I find! I've done a review about Dolce K too which you can check out here!

Velvet Teddy -
Made famous by Kylie Jenner and loved by many. This is a clear favourite for many people and I can see why. It's creamy but wearable. It stays on great and it's matte - what more could you want?! I don't know if it's obvious that I really love matte lips... But anyway this is just a gorgeous nude brown. Not as brown as Dolce K, which is why I was happy to purchase Velvet Teddy and I definitely was not disappointed!


Lava -
This is also a recent Duty Free purchase from the NARS counter at Manchester Airport *ahem* and it's quickly become a favourite of mine! It's so pigmented it's insane. I love this shade so much! It's the brightest orange that I've ever seen and I love the name. This also likes to sit on your lips for a long time which is something that I love about this lipstick. I know that I'm definitely going to get my money's worth with this product!


These lipsticks are honestly worth every single penny. If you're looking for the perfect bright, pink, nude, brown then look no further! I wish I could have more in my top five but then it would be more like top 20...  I am trying to cut down on the amount of lipsticks that I buy but it's just so hard because I want every single shade I see!  I have so many more that I'm eyeing up. I need to know when to stop.


The photo of Lava above is without a doubt my proudest photo yet. I'm just really happy with how it turned out, the brightness and everything! If you know me then you know just how bad I am at taking photographs so this is serious stuff for me!

I hope you enjoyed reading my top five lipsticks! What are your favourite lipsticks? Do any of these make it in your top five? If not, how come? Let me know in the comments below!


Thanks for reading as always, be sure to follow me on all social media for life updates and updates on the blog! Keep your eyes open for more Florida posts coming up soon - in particular Florida highlights part 3 and 4! Thanks again,

  Twitter         -        Facebook          -       Instagram          -        Pinterest          -       Bloglovin'


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Middleton. Design by Fearne.