Florida Highlights - Part Two

7 August 2016



As a continuation of the last post, it's time for the next few days of Florida! Which were incredible (obviously) I hope you enjoy the next bunch of highlights!




Day Five - 9th July
I was ESTASTIC for this day, I was going to Magic Kingdom! This has to be my favourite park. I absolutely adore it and everything in there. I just love the feel you get when you're walking down Main Street USA and you just see the castle looming towards you. It's just so magical and so 'Disney' - which I know sounds daft but it really is. I was in my element here, I was so happy that day. I get this really weird fluttery feeling in my stomach when I'm here. I just find it amazing that one man created all this and is known across the globe! My favourite ride had to be Space Mountain of course, although Splash Mountain comes in at a close second. We met the Princesses too which I was really excited about - although I didn't meet Belle or Ariel which I am gutted about if I'm being honest because they're my favourite. We stayed for the full day and saw all the night time displays. I will admit too that I shed a few tears and got a huge wave of emotion inside me. Magic Kingdom is a really special place for me.




Day Six - 10th July
This day we went to Blizzard Beach but only lasted there for about three hours because a huge thunderstorm hit so with it being a water park they have to shut everything for safety measures, we decided to head back to the Villa and just chill out. Had a BBQ and went in the pool once the storm had passed.

Day Seven - 11th July
On to Universal Studios! I was also pretty excited about this day because part of Harry Potter is based in Universal Studios! I was also really looking forward to riding the Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket BUT it bloody broke down about twelve times in the space of two hours, so we gave up trying. I think there must be something wrong with that ride because when we visited Islands of Adventure later in the week - it had broken down every time we saw a glimpse of it! If you do visit Universal or Islands of Adventure, be warned: you don't get the Fastpass+ system like you do in Disney, if you want to skip the lines and use Universal's express version of the fastpass be prepared to dig DEEP into your pockets because it costs a fair whack to buy them (tickets don't include express) for Kayne and I, it costs us just $200 with tax!! So be warned of this! However, Universal studios was really good and we went to Finnigans Irish bar (opposite The Return of the Mummy ride) which was delicious as always, the waitress who served us has served me every single time I've been in there!




Day Seven - 12th July
This day was Animal Kingdom. Another Disney park but based around animals, conservation and loads of other cool stuff! They have mainly two continents - Africa and Asia alongside the Dinoland U.S.A area. This is where you can do the Kilamanjaro safaris (which is pretty cool) and you can see so many different breeds of animals! This park is also home to Expedition Everest which is one of my favourite rides at Walt Disney World! It seemed slightly different this time around though but I don't know if this is because I hadn't been on it in seven years or it has actually changed slightly. Animal Kingdom was a lovely day and very tiring... I don't know why but Animal Kingdom is always the park that knackers me out the most.


I love this photo of us! There's a little insider story behind this photo too haha!

I hope you're enjoying these snippets into my time in Florida! I can't wait for the rest of the Florida posts to go live! Thanks for reading as always, make sure you follow me on all social media for updates on the blog! Thanks again,


 Twitter         -        Facebook          -       Instagram          -        Pinterest          -       Bloglovin'




Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Middleton. Design by Fearne.