'Kick Ass Concealer': The Queen of all concealers!

8 April 2015

Hey guys!

One thing I'm extremely conscious about is my dark circles under my eyes. Some days, they are horrendous, a really deep violent shade of purple (it's horrible to put up with) but somedays they're a blue undertone which is easier to deal with. I've tried God knows how many different concealers and only a couple have worked - Soap&Glory 'Kick Ass Concealer' and my MAC concealer. Because MAC is fairly expensive, I'm going to tell you about 'Kick Ass Concealer' in this blog post, this is my everyday concealer and it works absolute wonders. If you follow me on instagram (@lifebeautylove_km) there is a post on there showing the wonders this product can do! It comes in a small compact case and it's super light, so it's perfect for travelling!  I love Soap&Glory product names that is one reason why I got the concealer to begin with. To me, 'Kick Ass' means serious business and my dark circles is a serious business haha. 
'Kick Ass Concealer'
 When my dark circles go from this: 



The circles get me really down some days :(

To this:  

YAY! The concealer kicked my dark circles ass! ;)

It is clear to see why this product is so good for me and why it is my number one all time best concealer... EVER. I'm yet to find one that does as good a job (barring the MAC concealer I briefly spoke about at the top). There are three simple steps to follow when using 'Kick Ass' and instructions are on the back of the compact case and on the side, so you'll always know what you're doing! It's a creamy kind of texture, which personally I love, I find that liquid concealers can sometimes just absorb into your skin and go patchy. You can use either a concealer brush or your fingers (preferably your ring finger) I have found that both work as good as each other but obviously it is down to personal preference. Once step one and two have been completed on your dark circles and any spots or 'imperfections' you may feel like you have, it's onto step three; the setting powder. This is also a gift from God, it holds the concealer in place for a good 12 hours I've found at least. I know this because my job involves me working from 9.30am to 6pm at night if not more, so I get ready round 7.30am and don't take my makeup off til around 9pm at night and by that point it's still in tact. The setting powder is pretty self explanatory, it's in the name. 



So if you're wanting to try a new concealer or you have dark circles like me then I really recommend you give this one a try. It's amazing. It cancels out all your undertones and blends in so well to your skin. The shade I have is 'light' and I would say that I don't have pale skin, so be cautious when you're buying this product and try get a sample or try it out with a tester on your hand before you buy! It lasts a relatively long time too, I think I purchase one every 4 months if not longer and I use it pretty much every single day of the week. So you definitely get your moneys worth from it. Just be cautious not to drop it though because the setting powder will crumble, the amount of times in the last couple years that I've dropped it and my heart has stopped - the same kind of feeling when you drop your phone face down and you feel like the end of the world is near... 


So, there you have it, my number one concealer. I'm going to do a couple fashion posts soon (basically when I get paid, my student loan comes in and I'm out my overdraft so I can FINALLY buy some new clothes) so be patient with me on that one. If you guys have anything in particular you'd like me to write about then let me know in the comments below and any feedback is much appreciated! In the next couple of weeks, I will be updating the page and make it a bit more presentable. ALSO - my deadlines are fast approaching so during the end of April/start of May there will be a little bit of silence on my blog I'm afraid but I will still post pictures daily on my Instagram account so follow me on there for regular updates. Thanks for reading guys, I hope you enjoyed it.

Katie x





Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Middleton. Design by Fearne.