Kylie Cosmetics: Dolce K

22 April 2016



I am now the proud owner of my second lip kit: Dolce K. It's been extremely stressful trying to get these recently. It's been a total nightmare. I've been trying to get 22 and Posie K for the last month without any success.






I was a bit doubtful of Dolce K at first because it looks really dark and I always think that dark shades wash me out, however, I have been pleasantly surprised by this. I luckily got Candy K in her first ever Lip Kit release (exciting) and you can check out the review of Candy K here!


I've seen a lot of people complaining about custom charges - I've not had to experience this thank god! (that I know of) so I'm not really sure why some people are being charged and some aren't so don't let this put you off please.


However, a couple things I would say that needs definite improvement is the boxing for a kick off - it is not secure AT ALL. My box arrived and the only thing keeping it shut was a piece of sellotape, that just is not enough, especially since I am an international customer. This is possibly a reason why so many people have been sent an empty box, I wouldn't be surprised if people were stealing since it's such a desirable product in the make up world. Also - on the boxing itself - it says what you have ordered so for example my box had "Koko K, Dolce K" (Jade got Koko K) and I didn't really feel comfortable with this as there are some lip kits that are more in demand than others and as I said a minute ago - it's so easy to break into the box. It's quite scary to think that it can be stolen so easily.

The buying system, although improving, still has a long way to go. I was in the queue for about 10 minutes, Jade went on after 10 minutes of no movement and got to the 'check out' process straight away and by this point I had lost out on Posie K and 22, which is aggravating since I was on the website after a few seconds.



However, despite all this. I LOVE Dolce K. I really do prefer it now to Candy K. I think this might be my new day to day shade. As I said at the beginning I was really worried that it would be too dark, but I think it really compliments my skin tone and hair colour!


Above is a swatch of the lip liner and the liquid lipstick in natural light. It looks really orangey/brown in the tubes, boxing and on my arm. But it looks so different on the lips. It was quite a darkish brown for me, very flattering though. I think it would definitely be best if you were to search for swatches online for your skin tone because I am pale with yellowey/olive undertones and it looks totally different on me to how it would on a person with pink undertones and vice versa.



I still haven't sussed out the lip liner. Is it retractable? Is it a sharpener? My Candy K one still hasn't needed to be 'adjusted' so I have no idea! 

Kylie Jenner has updated the brushes on the lip kits and if I'm being totally honest, whilst they're smaller for a much easier application, I think I prefer the older brushes just because I find them softer and fluffier. Also, there isn't as much excess liquid on the brush as there is with the new brushes. But that's just me. I've seen many people prefer the new brushes, I've seen people prefer the old. It's just down to preference I think.



This is what Dolce K looks on my lips! How. Gorgeous. Is. It?!?!? I was really shocked at how much it suited me (without sounding big headed...) Excuse my forehead - major breakouts right now :'(
You can see what I mean by the different colour to the box and on your lips. I think this is something people should be wary of because the colour of the box and the liquid inside the tube is what has put me off Dolce K since the first ever release and now I wish I just went for it.

Also an added bonus - all her products are VEGAN FRIENDLY (Except for Candy K) and 100% cruelty free.

Please don't let the bad reviews you may have seen put you off. I do understand that it is bad and some of the things aren't acceptable BUT it is a new company. Every company makes mistakes. There will always be good and bad reviews/aspects to a company or product. But if you really want a lip kit, then get one. I honestly haven't regretted either of my purchases. 

Have you had a Kylie Lip Kit? Do you want one? What shades do you have or do you want? Let me know in the comments below!

Thanks for reading guys! Make sure you follow me on all social media for the latest life and blog updates! Be sure to check out my other posts too if you fancy it!  I hope you enjoyed the read! Thanks again,


Twitter           -          Facebook        -           Instagram       -           Pinterest         -         Bloglovin'




Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Middleton. Design by Fearne.