Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette

27 April 2016


This is a product that has swept the internet by storm. I've not come a cross a single negative review about this so far (I'm still yet to find one) I read so many reviews and decided to give it a whirl for myself. I had heard how it smelt like actual chocolate and how pigmented the colours were... Impossible, I thought to myself. However, I was extremely surprised!




I ordered this off the Debenhams website, at £39.00, it is definitely a luxury item for 16 different eyeshadows. So only buy this if you know you can definitely afford it and you know that you will get good use out of it, after buying it I forgot I had some payments to make so not the wisest decision I've  made! Ah well, the damage is done now!

Too Faced are great because they don't test on animals - I'm trying to find more companies that don't test on animals but I'm actually quite shocked at how many companies still do... I've popped a link just HERE of the products they have that are also Vegan friendly if you're interested! 

First of all the smell... Holy crap. It DOES smell like chocolate, it's incredible. I made my housemates give the palette a good whiff and confession time: I sit in my room just smelling the palette, that's how good the smell is,  I can see why it draws so many people in.

Packaging is a big thing for me, I think good packaging is key at drawing people in (which should be obvious really) and this product definitely does not disappoint. It reminds me of the 50s for some reason. I think it's the font style maybe? But either way, the packaging is b-e-a-u-tiful! 



You also get a little booklet with some looks to try out on your eyes, I tried one of them out for my birthday meal with Kayne at the weekend - if you have me on Snapchat then you would have seen it -  and it was a success! I LOVED it. I felt very confident with my eye makeup and it was super complimentary to my eye shape and colour. 

The names of the eyeshadows are also incredible: Gilded Ganache, White Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, Black Forest Truffle, Triple Fudge, Salted Caramel, Marzipan, Semi-Sweet, Strawberry Bon Bon, Candied Violet, Amaretto, Hazelnut, Crème Brulee, Haute Chocolate, Cherry Cordial and Champagne Truffle. There is a beautiful mixture of browns (yay) golds, coppery/bronze, pinks, purples... It's just in general a fab range of colours which are perfect for both day time and night time.

See below swatches of the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette:

Top to bottom: Gilded Ganache, Salted Caramel, Hazelnut, White Chocolate, Marzipan, Crème Brulee,  Semi-sweet, Haute Chocolate and Milk Chocolate.
Top to bottom: Strawberry Bon Bon, Cherry Cordial, Black Forest Truffle, Candied Violet, Triple Fudge, Amaretto, Champagne Truffle.

Both White Chocolate and Champagne Truffle are perfect for base shadows, I think I prefer White Chocolate because it's a matte shadow and I find it easier to blend - Champagne Truffle is a very prominent pinky shade and I haven't quite mastered it yet! 

My favourite and most used shades at the moment are: White Chocolate, Hazelnut, Crème Brulee, Marzipan and Milk Chocolate. I think these shades can make a great combination. In my last blog post -  Kylie Cosmetics Dolce K Review, in the photo I put in there - on my eyes I had White Chocolate, Crème Brulee and Hazelnut. It looked absolutely beautiful together which I was surprised about. If you want to see the photo then just click here!

I also purchased the Too Faced Eyeshadow Insurance Eye Primer with the Too Faced Palette and it's fantastic! It really does keep my eyeshadow in place which is amazing, it also lets the shadows go on so much easier and it's better at blending, everything! I recommend the primer so much! A bonus with the shadows - a little goes a long way and they're super pigmented!!


Have you ever tried any Too Faced products? What do you recommend? Have you tried the Chocolate Bar palette before - what did you think? Or is this tempting you? Let me know in the comments below!


Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed the read today. I'm off to go sniff the palette now, writing this blog post has made me crave the smell (lol what a weirdo I am) Be sure to follow me on other social media for updates on my life and blog updates! Thanks again,


Twitter         -          Instagram       -        Pinterest         -        Bloglovin'          -       Facebook


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Middleton. Design by Fearne.