Real Technique - Bold Metals Collection - Flat Contour 301 Review

7 September 2015

Hey guys,

I can't believe it's September already, where has the year gone? Soon it'll be Christmas and New Years! It's time to get snuggly with blankets and hot chocolate binge watching Netflix! (yay!)

So, I'm a huge lover of the Real Technique brushes - always have been and I always will be. I did a review not long ago about the bold metals collection foundation brush - you can check that review out HERE! Today I'm reviewing the 301 Flat Contour Brush! Ps. Apologies for the quality of the pictures - I'm not good at editing or taking pictures on a proper camera so I'm waiting until I'm back at university so my amazing housemate can help me out :)


So this brush comes in rose gold - their other brushes for the bold metals collection come in silver and gold. I'm a huge lover of rose gold - I think it's beautiful. I've been wanting to try contouring for a long long time but I always look like a twat with a capital T when I do contour, I can never get it blended in just right! So when I was in Boots the other day, I got the smash box contour trio (I will provide a blog post on this soon) and decided I had better get a contour brush for it because that's obviously what it's for... (obviously Katie). I remembered that Real Techniques did a contour brush, so I snapped this up and I'm glad that I did. I did one side of contouring etc and blended with my fingers - I looked so gross and dirty. I then did the other side with this brush and holy moly - I couldn't believe it!  The difference was crazy!


The brush itself as always never let me down, super soft and so easy to use. I had to remember to not be so heavy handed with this brush because there is such a fine line with contouring you either end up looking fabulous or like you've fallen into a pig pen.



Just look at how pretty the brush is please!

Sam and Nic Chapman never fail me, their brushes always go above and beyond for me.
All in all, I'm chuffed to bits with this brush, it's definitely helped me with contouring and contouring does make so much difference to your face, although it is alot of effort so I will only really contour when I'm going out or for meals and such. But it's worth every bloody penny!

I hope you enjoyed the read today, tell me below in the comments what you think - or if you just fancy a chat then hit me up below! I have a brand new blog design by the lovely Aly - if you fancy a new design etc then check out her website: http://www.aleelilydesigns.com I promise you will not be disappointed!

Make sure you follow me on bloglovin', Instagram and Twitter to keep up to date with all my blog posts, cats and daily life! (my cats are probably the best part of my feeds to be honest) I have all this week off so I'm writing posts like crazy trying to catch up with what I missed out on from this summer so be sure to keep your eyes peeled! 


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Middleton. Design by Fearne.