Max Factor Elixir Lipstick: Review!

24 January 2016


I've wanted this lipstick for quite some time now, but this was when Christmas was getting closer so I decided to hold off until then and thanks to my lovely parents I got two of the Max Factor Elixir Lipsticks!I've been meaning to write about them for some time, but for a majority of Christmas and the first week and a bit of 2016 I had a coldsore so obviously I was unable to wear them. I've finally got around to writing about them so I'm super excited about this blog post today! I love the packaging of these lipsticks. I always mention the packaging in all my reviews because I find that what draws me to the product more is how they are packaged and presented to me and these definitely tick all the boxes! Does anyone else get a buzz over new lipstick? I swear to God I get like a mini adrenaline rush when I see how smooth, untouched and the perfection of the lipstick is. *drools*


The shades are: English Rose and Pink Brandy. Now, these are quite daring for me. I very rarely wear colour on my lips, I much prefer my nudes and subtle colours so this is a big leap, it makes a lovely change. At first I was really unsure about English Rose because it's so pink and in your face, but I've decided that come Spring and Summer these will be perfect to wear! 


They're quite shimmery, so again - a big leap for me. I'm the kind of person who likes something/one particular type of product and sticking to it. The swatches below were taken in natural light so you can see the colours for what they are so to speak. Pink Brandy is a lovely coral tone which I cannot wait to wear! As soon as the sun starts shining, I can tell that will turn into my go-to lipstick. English Rose is very pink. I was quite scared admittedly when I put it on, but I walked around the house wearing it, to the corner shop and back and I felt pretty good!



Pink Brandy on it's own and on my lips. It's super flattering. It's a coral shade as said before, but it has that little bit of a pink kick to it (if that makes any sense)


And again, English Rose on it's own and on my lips. Do you see what I mean about the brightness of the colour?

Both of these lipsticks are super pigmented and I found that a little went a long way, they're both quite creamy too if you can describe lipstick as creamy. What I mean by this is that they both came on really easily, good application and it felt quite nice on my lips, it was smooth - I think that's the word I've been looking for! Now I'm not sure where my parents got me these from because they were a Christmas gift, but I'm guessing that you can get them from any Boots and Superdrug that have a Max Factor section! I do honestly recommend these lipsticks, they have so many other shades too - I think a treat on one of their nude shades is definitely in order. Keep your eyes open for future pictures of me braving the elements with one of these shades! 


Have you ever used the elixir range? Did you like it? Would you want to try any? Let me know in the comments below what you think!


Now, I'm trying to 'up my Instagram game' so to speak, so if you could be the loveliest people in the world and follow me, it would be much appreciated: @xkatiemiddleton I'm also super close to 1,000 followers on Twitter (I can't believe it) so if you would be even lovelier and follow me on there: @katiexmiddleton I would absolutely love it! 

Thanks for reading today, I hope you've enjoyed the post! If you have any suggestions on what I can write about - from university to reviews, maybe even a tutorial if I feel brave enough - pop it in the comments below! Please check out my social networking, again it's much appreciated, drop by and say hey! Thanks for reading, I'll post again soon,






Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Middleton. Design by Fearne.