12 Things All English Students Will Understand...

29 January 2016



I always find these kind of posts quite amusing and I enjoy writing them so I decided to do one about English (Literature and/or Language) students! If you're an English student, you will relate to pretty much all of these. You might even just be able to relate to them in general. 

1. Being asked on a regular basis: "So are you going to be a teacher then?"

2. "Oh, so you do English? What do you do then? Just read right? That must be so easy!"
You're kidding me right?


3. Not being able to enjoy movies the same way anymore.
I swear to God, I spend half my time analysing the film more than I actually just 'sit' there and watch it.

4. Being critical of film adaptations. 
The Great Gatsby, Harry Potter, The Hobbit... The list could go on. 
(I find it really hard to not compare the film once I've read the book)

5. Never being able to escape Sigmund Freud.
When Freud says psychoanalysis and chill...
Source: http://a2.files.biography.com/

6. You'll also find these type of jokes funny.
Anything literature related is well, funny...
Source: https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/428967933228174720/

7. The seminar silence. The worst thing ever. Just to avoid eye contact you will flick through your books and pretend to be looking for something to say. 
I think every student has done this.


8. How reading just isn't fun anymore, you don't remember what it feels like to read for pleasure.


 9. Theory.
I don't need to say anymore.

10. You will learn to dislike, maybe even loathe any word that end in 'ism'.

11. People will question your degree. Just because you have eight hours contact time a week, does NOT mean that studying English is easy. 

12. At some point you will analyse yourself. 
It won't just be a little bit, you will analyse your whole existence.





I hope you enjoyed today's post! I enjoyed writing it (and it gave me lots of giggles finding the oedipus related memes) Thank you for reading as always! Let me know in the comments what you think of today's post! Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Bloglovin and Twitter for blog and life updates! Thanks again,





Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Middleton. Design by Fearne.