Urban Decay Naked2 palette review!

21 March 2015

Hey guys!

Soon I am going to start doing a variation of posts, but whilst I get my foot in the door, I'm going to do a couple more make-up/hair kind of stuff, the next blog post will be about University and why it can be the best time of your life! But today I am doing a review on the much raved about Naked2 palette! 

First things first, this is an expensive piece of make-up. So make sure you you either 1. Can definitely afford it and you won't make yourself short of money. 2. Ask it as a gift - birthdays, Christmas etc. 3. That you definitely want it and that you will definitely use it, the reason why I say this is because the amount of times when I have purchased high end make up products and not even used them, then you regret buying them because you haven't gotten your moneys worth from it!

Now onto the real reason why I am blogging this. I absolutely adore this palette! I know now why it is raved about so much, the colours are lovely and pigmented, the names of the shades are brilliant, theres a nice variation in the shades - from neutral to smokey, matte to shimmer; this palette really does have everything you could ever want in eyeshadow! It is beautifully presented:
You can see here how it is presented.


How beautiful?!

There are 12 shades, from left to right:  Foxy, Half baked, Booty call, Chopper, Tease, Snakebite, Suspect, Pistol, Verve, YKD, Busted and Blackout. It comes with a mirror in the lid and a brush which applies the eye shadow wonderfully, but I tend to use my Real Technique brushes for applying, blending etc! My favourite shades are Booty call, Tease, Snakebite and Busted. I find these go really well together if you want to create a brown/taupe smokey eye look. I'm very hesitant to try Blackout properly because whenever I apply it on myself, I end up looking like I have black eyes! Everyone is different though, but I think that Blackout is not the shade for me unfortunately :( For an everyday look I like to wear Half baked with Tease or YKD. (As you can tell, Tease is my upmost favourite). What I like about this palette as well is how well the shadow stays on when you apply it, how easy it is to blend in and stuff! One swish across the lids and you're good to go!

Swatch of the shades on my skin (you can't really see Foxy but it is there!) 
As you can see on the picture, they're very pigmented like I've said previously. That was with just one swipe of the brush. They're all very flattering shades, with brilliant names. It definitely makes the palette more memorable. I also have the Naked3 palette (which I will do a review on if you guys want me too!) and the quality of the Naked3 palette is as equally good as the Naked2. All I need to do now is to get the original Naked palette and I'll be sorted for life! Another reason why I love the Naked2 palette is because it really suits my eyes, maybe this is because I have brown eyes so it suits me more than other colours would (I can't pull off much colour on my eyes unfortunately) but whenever I wear Naked2 on my eyes, I will always get compliments, which is a real confidence boost for me.

Overall, if you can get your hands on an Urban Decay Naked palette, then I would definitely recommend you give it a go, because it honestly is a beautiful palette sent from make-up heaven to show us the ways of the future (slight exaggeration I know, but you get the general jest of how good these palettes are). I don't think I could ever wear another brand of make-up for eyeshadow, because this is the best I have found so far! If you could see the amount of eyeshadows I own, you would see why I have said that. I think that's all I wanted to say, please give Naked2 a shot if you can, I love it so much <3.  Thanks for reading guys and I'll write again soon!

Katie x 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Middleton. Design by Fearne.