What University Can Teach You

2 December 2015

So my What I'd Tell My Younger Self post has proven to be quite popular, I really enjoyed writing it so I thought why not do something similar but with University! There are days when I sit there and think: why am I doing this? What will I get from it? Is it really worth it? But then I just think of all the doors that could open for me and how much of an amazing time I've had in the last couple of years and that's when I know that I'm so glad I came to University.


Enjoy first year whilst you can.
the partying will become minimal by third year.

Pre drinks is one of the best parts of the night.

No night out is complete without a terrible group photo.

The talks about the night out the day after is always hilarious and traumatic.
You'll hear about how much dumb shit you did.


You will meet some amazing people, who you know will be lifetime friends.

You'll also meet some snakes, they're not worth your time. Stay well clear. 

You will get angry that you essentially pay £9,000 a year for your lecturers to read off a powerpoint presentation.

Seminars are super awkward sometimes.
Nothing worse than the tumble weed moments.

Every course has that 'one' lecturer.
You know the kind I'm talking about.

A large majority of students will feel like this during deadline period, I know I do. 
I'm dreading the dissertation deadline already!


Money, you will never appreciate money as much as you will at University...
because let's be honest - you'll be in your overdraft come November.

Despite entering your overdraft you'll still buy branded products and copious amounts of takeaways. 


You'll also fool yourself into believing that if you pay by card - you're not technically spending money. 
This is dangerous grounds, I've been there.

Halls is TOO noisy. Come on, why do you need to party still at 5am? Pipe down.

Your sleeping pattern will cease to exist.
Because yeah, sleep isn't a big deal anyway.

The library is surprisingly a good place for napping.


And the most important of all:
Be you. No body else, just you.
University is amazing for this because you can truly discover who you are with no judging glances. This isn't secondary school anymore.

So that's it for today! I hope you enjoyed this post. In the next couple weeks I may be a bit quiet on the blog because of dissertation hand ins, an assignment and working the Santa Specials back home. I'm going to try get a tonne of posts scheduled but I can't guarantee just how many I'll get done! So please be patient with me! Be sure to follow me on Twitter, Instagram and Bloglovin. Thank you as always for reading,






Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Middleton. Design by Fearne.