Makeup Revolution Flawless Palette

9 March 2016




I've heard nothing but good things about Makeup Revolution recently. It seems to be sending the blogging community gaga! I knew I had to see what all the fuss was about so I decided to treat myself to their Flawless Ultra Eyeshadows palette. I was expecting the palette to be a minimum £20, how wrong was I? It was £8! Absolute bargain for 32 eyeshadows. I couldn't believe it.

If I'm being completely honest, I did not have high expectations for this palette because the price seemed too good to be true and I'm so used to wearing Urban Decay and MAC for eyeshadow, I'm a bit of a shadow snob. Also because everyone has been raving about Makeup Revolution I set my expectations lower to avoid disappointment. I always find that when people rave about something, I set myself a really high standard and often left disappointed. Doing the opposite to that this time round make my general first impressions so much better than before!




I'm pleased to say that this palette met all my expectations and more. 
The different colours are all beautiful. I can't wait to get a bit more courage to try the reds and copper colours. They're all super pigmented and I love the names! Because they're quite pigmented, a little goes a long way with this palette. However, depending on how dramatic you want your eyes to look varies with how much you want to build on the colour. I wanted a dramatic shadow look for my valentine's meal wth Kayne and I love wearing brown on my eyes for different reasons such as: 1. It's in my comfort zone, 2. It makes my eyes look bigger than what they are and 3. It tends to compliment  my skin tone and eye colour the best I find (whether that's because it's in my comfort zone, who knows?)


In this picture I used a combination of shadows to try and create a lovely dramatic smoky eye look (I'm not sure whether I achieved that or not but oh well!) I'll put the names of the shadows in bold.

So, for the inner corners I used soft glow just to make my eyes seem a tiny bit bigger and more open, then for the base shadow I used uncover. I don't really like wearing eyeshadow primer, I find it makes my eyelids crease up really bad and it just looks terrible on me. I'm yet to find a good primer so if anyone has good eye primers that they can recommend then I'm all ears!
For the 'main lid' I used almost there which is a gorgeous pale brown and it goes on so effortlessly.
Then for the outer part of the lid going into the outer corner I used smudge. I think smudge is my favourite brown colour on this palette. Then for the crease and the corners of my lower lash line (which you can't see because my eyes are closed - didn't think about that at the time) I used pure chocolate which is a super rich brown. All the shadows I used are matte apart from soft glow and uncover.



All in all, I'm super impressed with this palette, I have not found a single flaw in it yet. I can't wait to try more Makeup Revolution products! Have you ever tried Makeup Revolution - if so what products have you tried? Let me know in the comments below! Also - should I put the picture of my face on my Instagram? The reason for asking this is because I need to get a bit braver with makeup related posts in terms of my face and 'looks' if that makes sense. I want to put it on there but I always worry about what people think so if you could let me know if it's worth while then I'm all ears!


Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed today's read, make sure you follow me on Twitter and Instagram for life and blog updates! Thanks again,

Twitter         -          Instagram        -        Bloglovin'



Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Middleton. Design by Fearne.