My Secret To Long Lashes!

30 March 2016



This is something I swear by, I did this way back in year 8 and it worked like a treat. This is no 'younique' mascara or anything like that. I used to have really stubby, short lashes where nothing would work and then with mascara on I just looked like a minging, clumpy mess! But one night I tried this and thought I had nothing to lose so I did it for some time and voila! It worked!




My secret? Vaseline. 

I'm not even kidding. It's cheap, available pretty much everywhere and is such a great multi purpose product. 

So basically every night before I went to sleep, I would put vaseline on my eyelashes and leave it over night. My eyelashes absorbed the vaseline weirdly enough and after three months I noticed a huge difference, my lashes were long, strong and curly. I've never had to use eyelash curlers since year 8. Baring in mind that was in 2006/7, that's 10 years on.

Obviously I use mascara to accentuate my lashes but I don't cake the mascara on, I simply brush the wand through twice on each eye and that's it. There was a time about two years ago where my lashes felt really stubbly so I gave the vaseline another whirl and within a couple days they were back to their old self. I've found that my lashes are so healthy and strong thanks to vaseline.

Little tip: DON'T PICK YOUR LASHES!!! Especially with mascara on, you just wreck them. It's difficult to not pick sometimes I know, I used to be guilty of picking and pulling my lashes out. I think that's probably a huge contribution to why they used to be so stubby. 

Have you ever tried vaseline before? Did it work for you? Let me know in the comments! I swear by the vaseline trick!


I hope you enjoyed today's post! Thanks for reading, be sure to follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Bloglovin' for updates on the blog or everyday life!


Twitter           -            Instagram           -            Facebook               -             Bloglovin'

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Middleton. Design by Fearne.