Florida Highlights - Part One

3 August 2016


So as you all know, I recently went for Florida for two weeks at the start of July with my lovely fiancĂ© Kayne and his family.  !'ve been so excited to write about Florida, honestly. Anything that gives me the chance to write and relive Florida, I'm down for it.




*Insider comment - Kayne WAS going to propose to me in Florida, but decided to do it at the Harry Potter Studio Tour in London, which you can check out here!

What's the Florida highlights going to involve you ask? Well, this will only have a couple photos and a bit of text that will involve snippets of our day to day and it'll be split into three parts (partially so I can live out Florida for longer) sort of like a diary I guess! There will be a separate bunch of posts solely for Florida pictures!

 Also, I've already said this in a previous post but please respect that all these photos I have taken with my phone. I didn't even want to consider risking a camera out there incase I lost it because I would've had to borrow my brothers!

Day One -5th July
The big day, finally on 0 days! I couldn't believe how excited I was, I was finally going back to the most magical place on earth. I was so happy. I've not been to Florida since 2009 so I was like a child on Christmas morning! The travelling felt longer this time and the heat when we arrived in Orlando, it was so hot - I know it's hot there anyway but this was hotter than I ever remembered Orlando.

Day Two- 6th July
We didn't want to do anything exhausting because we had a bit of jet lag from the flight and time difference, the heat and humidity was crazy so we just wanted a day of chilling but still doing something, so of course - what better thing to do than a waterpark?!? We headed over to Typhoon Lagoon and had a blast! Typhoon Lagoon have a wave pool with a huge (not kidding) wave that comes and sweeps the crowd away every 60-90 seconds which is amazing but be warned the wave does hit you with some force! The Crush 'n' Gusher was my favourite water ride there!





Day Three - 7th July
Time for the movies - on to Hollywood Studios! This was great because a lot of their attractions are indoors and they seem to be getting rid of loads of attractions & shows so there's not that much to do there as before, it's still a great park to visit though - you have The Great Movie Ride, Rock 'N' Roller Coaster, Toy Story Mania, The Tower of Terror, Star Tours and more! Toy Story Mania and The Tower of Terror were probably my favourite rides here. It was HOT here too, we lasted a good 8-10 hours in this park but after watching the Indiana Jones stunt show, we were all ready to head back to the villa and cool down in the pool!




Day Four - 8th July
We had a chilled out morning by the pool, we stayed in my old swimming instructor's villa which was AMAZING.  The villa is gorgeous and really well looked after. You get your own pool too which is obviously amazing. We then headed to Disney Quest for the afternoon. Disney Quest is sadly closing which I'm gutted about but glad I got to go back there before it shut. It's basically 5 floors of games. A gamers paradise so this was right up Kayne's street. After we tried to head back to Hollywood Studios to catch the nighttime show of Fantasmic but when we arrived there was only limited standing seats left so we decided to just head back to the villa.

But I did get this gorgeous evening shot of the sky! It was the calm before the storm (and it was a huge one too!



So this is part one of the highlights done and dusted! I'm currently editing (very badly) all the photos, but some I'm probably going to leave unedited because I quite like holiday photos that way! Next Florida related post will either be a part two or Florida in pictures! I haven't quite decided yet! I hope you liked this one, thanks for reading and be sure to follow me on social media for life and blog updates! Thanks again,

             Twitter         -        Facebook          -       Instagram          -        Pinterest          -       Bloglovin'

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Middleton. Design by Fearne.