Anastasia Beverly Hills: Modern Renaissance

31 July 2016



Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette seems to have taken the blogging world by storm, but is it as good as everyone says?


I'm so excited about this post! These images were taken with my new camera and lens so I'm hoping to see a huge difference in my photos! You will have to be patient with me though, I've never used a camera and lens like this before. Any feedback on the photos is welcome, I also don't think I've quite cracked the editing either so if you know any (free) editing software then let me know please!

Anywhooo, I snapped this little beauty up in the last days of my holiday in Sephora in Disney Springs. I had tried a couple other Sephora's during my holiday but it was sold out everywhere! Luckily there was a few left in Disney Springs - the team in that Sephora were amazing too, they were so friendly and helpful! I had a bit of an issue paying because the travel cards went down (really annoying and embarrassing) so whilst I ran to get some cash or sort out other payment, the team kindly held my makeup behind the checkout so I could run back in to pay after which was really kind of them!



I've been eyeing up the Modern Renaissance palette since I saw IsabelleKateGM use it (she is amazing at makeup by the way - she's my favourite person to watch and browse through photographs of her makeup looks, she's super, super talented) I saw her tutorials and fell in love!


You get 12 shades - a mix between shimmers, mattes, nudes and brights. It's a great little palette. It is pricey though - it cost $41 without tax and in the UK I think it's selling for around £39. So it is expensive so be 100% sure that you want this palette before you buy it. The shades are kind of out there too and if I'm being honest - the bright pink (love letter) scares me a little bit but I am determined to try it out!

The texture of the shadows is really hard to describe - it doesn't feel like other eyeshadows - you know the ones where it feels bitty/gritty under the brush or your fingers? It's nothing like that! It's the opposite really, it feels damp but it's not, I can't describe it, it doesn't feel like other eyeshadows though. I don't really know what I'd call it, the good thing with these shades is a little goes a long way and the pigmentation of the palette is just incredible. I don't think I've ever owned a palette with this level of pigmentation! You just need a tiny bit on your brushes to begin with and then you can build like that. There's hardly any fall out either which is amazing because there's nothing worse than getting crumbly eyeshadow on your under eye and cheek area!

I've had a little play around with the palette and I did create some looks but I was not happy with the photos at all so they didn't make it into the blog post but I will do an update soon and more than likely feature the looks on my Instagram or Twitter!



The packaging of this palette is also lovely. The palette itself is felt and a gorgeous baby pink (which I obviously love) but the felt does mark easily, I touched it accidentally with a brush and it marked it, thankfully the majority came off so it's just a bit discoloured in the corner.  The brush you get with the palette is also actually pretty good. You know how it is, usually the brushes that come with the palette aren't that great (in my opinion) but this brush just ticks the boxes for me, it's soft and really easy to blend with!



As you can see from the photos above, they are extremely pigmented and bright! I kind of love that about this palette though, it's very summery! The names are also pretty cool, Realgar is a gorgeous burnt orange - the name reminds me of something from something out of Game of Thrones! My favourite shades in this palette so far are: Raw Sienna, Burnt Orange, Vermeer, Cyprus Umber and Realgar.




All in all, I'm pretty impressed with this palette, the hype surrounding the Modern Renaissance palette did not disappoint and I am now one of those people that will preach how good it is! I think it's the wearability that got me, I went out wearing it for a meal and drinks after - stayed on perfectly! It didn't crease, fade or melt off! The wearability for Modern Renaissance is truly incredible.

Have you ever tried Modern Renaissance? Do you want too? What did you think? Let me know in the comments below!

Thanks for reading as always! I hope you enjoyed the post, be sure to check out my other posts and please be patient with the blog revamp! It's just the header, hover pinterest and social media buttons to go! Follow me on social media for updates on the blog and general life! Thanks again,



Twitter         -        Facebook          -       Instagram          -        Pinterest          -       Bloglovin'

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Middleton. Design by Fearne.