Relationships - 6 Years On...

23 November 2016



I've been with Kayne for officially six years today... Six years. Where has it gone?

As I type this, I'm laid in Kayne's bed having a cuddle with Rupert, wishing he was here. He's having to work down South this week which SUCKS because we can't spend our six years together and I miss him so much when he's not here. I feel incredibly lonely, he makes me feel happy and safe.

The past six years have been a roller coaster and I'd be lying if I said it was a walk in the park because it hasn't. There's been times where Kayne and I have screamed at each other until we're blue in the face. There's been times where we've had to reassess our relationship to see if it could actually work. We've definitely had our rough patches but in all honesty. I need Kayne in my life, like he needs me.

Pre-getting together! Look at us!

We've known each other for ten years now. I'm not gonna lie - I had a huge crush on Kayne in year 8  and he did me- so we got together. But even after we broke up and we became best friends throughout school, I don't think those feelings ever truly went away. It was nice to hear that Kayne felt the same way. I've had other boyfriends but with Kayne it's just different. We just get each other, we click. I think fate works in funny ways. It's like we are supposed to be together. I think Cupid shot his bows at us and that's that. When I look at Kayne, I think wow, I'm lucky. I sit there thinking about how different our lives would be if we never took the plunge and got together. Whether we'd still be friends, whether we'd talk, whether our feelings for each other would have just carried on and on for another six years.


We've come a bloody long way that's for sure. We're not the same people we were six years ago, we've grown and developed together. I can't imagine my life without Kayne by my side. A lot has happened in the last six years, we both got decent jobs, I went to University, graduated, Kayne proposed to me in front of Hogwarts Castle at the Harry Potter Studio Tour, holidays, buying our first home and getting our first kitten! It's pretty exciting stuff. 2016 has been a pretty damn good year for our relationship. My brows have also improved over the years so that's a bonus!


I'm excited to see what our future together holds. I'm excited to see what happens. I can't wait for the new chapter in our lives together finally begins. I am head over heels with this guy. Kayne just gets me and I don't know how. He can read me like a book - he will know exactly what I'm thinking, how I'm feeling. I love that sometimes I can just curl up in his arms, have a good cry and say what I'm feeling and thinking - he won't say anything, he'll just be there soothing me and holding me. That's enough for me. I love that we can joke, that we can argue, that we can not talk to each other and not get angry that we're not communicating 24/7. I think we have a healthy relationship. I think it's good to not be under each others feet constantly. It's good to know we can spend loads of time together and also know that we can not spend time together - have our 'me time' and know our relationship will still be just as strong.


Kayne, if you are by any chance reading this. I love you, truly. Thank you for all you do for me. I'm seriously grateful, I may not always show it but I am. I don't know how I would cope without you supporting me, always telling me to go for my goals. Always encouraging me. You really are my rock and my soul mate. I'm so happy I've been able to spend the last 10 years of my life with you around and the last six years of it being together. It's been an incredible journey so far and I honestly cannot wait to see what the next six, sixteen, sixty years of our lives will hold for us both.


Anyway... I'm getting soppy and talking too much so I'll wrap this one up!

Thanks for reading! Be sure to follow me on social media for life and blog updates!

         Twitter         -        Facebook          -       Instagram          -        Pinterest          -       Bloglovin'

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Middleton. Design by Fearne.