Blogmas Day Six - Christmas Traditions

6 December 2016

My Christmas will soon be changing, this is my last Christmas at home! It's so bloody nerve wracking and exciting all at the same time, I thought this post might be good for me to reflect on the Christmas traditions we have!


I also thought you guys might like to read - if not then sorry but I'm pretty sentimental right now! I think all people have little traditions they do year in, year out!

Having every possible moment on camera and film.
Every year the camcorder would be out in full force, recording our every move, every time we opened a present, we would strike a pose for Dad. It's stuff like this I'll miss.

Having a single present at the bottom of my bed.
Every year without fail until very recently, we'd get a small present at the end of our beds and we'd be allowed to open it when we woke up and piled into mum and dads room. I would always stay up as late as I could, just to see if I could catch them putting it there, but I never could!

Waiting at the top of the stairs with my brother.
We always sit at the top of the stairs in our new Christmas pyjamas, with a cushion waiting to be told that we can come down the stairs into the front room. It's something we've done every year for as long as I can remember and I absolutely love it.

Going to my Grandparents for Christmas dinner.
My Grandma does THE best Christmas dinner ever. Sorry for the vegetarians/vegans reading this but one year she had like four different meats on the plate and they were done to perfection. It's always a challenge to finish Grandma's Christmas dinner, I think I've managed to finish it twice in my lifetime, my Dad has mastered the art of it somehow. But there's literally everything imaginable on there. We always go there for lunch (dinner) with one present, have lunch - come back with food babies and then head back there around teatime for a cold tea. I love this part about Christmas, spending time with my family and my Grandparents.

A new bauble every year for when we decorate the tree.
This is something we've always done, we've always chosen one new bauble every year to put on the tree. We've got baubles from Florida and everything on there, it's such a lovely tree to look at - it's nice seeing the memories created. I could sit there and say what bauble I got in any particular year.

New Pyjamas
Ok, who doesn't do this every Christmas? It's like an unspoken rule that is a MUST every Christmas.

What are your traditions at Christmas? Let me know in the comments below!

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed the read! Be sure to follow me on social media for life and blog updates! Thanks again,
         Twitter         -        Facebook          -       Instagram          -        Pinterest          -       Bloglovin'

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Middleton. Design by Fearne.