Browzings: love at first sight!

12 March 2015

Hey guys!

So my eyebrows recently have been in need of some major TLC. I was finding it difficult to try maintain them myself. I could never get the right brow shape and when I tried to fill them in, I looked fresh off the set of a horror film (a bit dramatic, but you get the general idea). I decided to take matters into my own hands and treat myself to an eyebrow wax session at the Benefit counter in Debenhams.

Firstly, the price of an eyebrow wax is really good value for money, taking into account that Benefit cosmetics is high end beauty products and services, I was surprised at how cheap it is. For a brow arch the price ranges from £11.50-£12.50, and for a tweeze: £12.50-13.50. I paid the full amount because they needed some serious miracle work doing to them. They also have the option of brow tinting at approximately £18.50, but I didn't want to risk a tint incase I hated the turn out or if I had an allergic reaction (my skin never knows what it wants to do, even though they do reaction tests prior to the tinting and waxing - I didn't want to risk a tint to be safe). Alongside this, they have other services such as facial waxing, beauty applications - the list goes on. It's best to check your local benefit counter prior as every counter is different!

Secondly, the staff were so lovely and friendly. They made me feel so welcome, I've had my eyebrows done before in other places (I won't name names) and I did not get the atmosphere like I did at Benefit. They certainly left me with an inflated ego throwing compliments at me left, right and centre - which I am not complaining about! I found them really easy to talk too and relatable. There was never an awkward silence. In general, there was a lovely, chilled and laid back atmosphere. This is crucial for me, because I hate bad customer service as does anyone but Benefit really went above and beyond. 

Thirdly, they did an INCREDIBLE job! My eyebrows have never looked so good (that sounds big headed, I am aware). I enquired about 'Browzings'  as I had read a lot of reviews about how good the product is, so I asked the lady who did my brows if she could try it on me, so I could see for myself the results. It was love at first sight. 'Browzings' comes with a pigmented wax, that you apply first which shapes and defines your eyebrows (they define my arches straight away). After that you apply the powder to fill your brows in. It's literally as easy as learning the alphabet. You get some tweezers, a hard-angle brush (for defining) and a blending brush (for filling in). The photo below is what 'Browzings' looks like. It's in a lovely case, it's really compact and light which makes it great for when you're travelling!
'Browzings' is my best friend <3


Although, 'Browzings' for me, was a luxury item, because it is £24.50. Being a student meant I had to make a sacrifice, even though it was so worth it because I feel so much better about my eyebrows and I feel incredibly confident. It's amazing what one product can do for your self esteem in it's own little way. But beware - the shades can be very deceiving! I got 'medium' and that is relatively dark itself, so unless you have extremely dark hair or you want a more dramatic look, then I would steer clear of the darkest shade. There are three shades - light, medium and deep. I could rant and rave about this product all day long. Whenever anyone asks me what is the best eyebrow product - every time without a doubt I will now say 'Browzings'. To give you a rough idea of the magic it performs: 
Left: Before I got my brows done at the Benefit counter (my arch was horrific)
Right: After I got my brows done and using 'Browzings'.

I think that's everything I wanted to say in this post! If you do get the chance to have waxing done at a Benefit counter or you're thinking about it, please do. The results are brilliant, like I've said a thousand times already, they did an amazing job on my brows and I have never felt more confident with them! If you're debating 'Browzings', again - go for it! I would recommend that you go to an actual counter, rather than purchasing online if you're unsure of which shade is for you.

Thanks for reading, I'll post again in a couple days!


Katie x  

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Middleton. Design by Fearne.