April Favourites!

27 April 2015

Hey guys!

Another month has gone by, yet again... so fast!  This month has been great but it's also been stressful with my deadlines. Spring and Summer are finally here, the sun has been glorious recently which just makes everywhere seem so much brighter and nicer.

Without further ado it's time for my April favourites!
Skirt - Boohoo.com, Nike trainers, Buddha of Suburbia, Aveeno cream,
MAC Velvet Teddy, Benefit Cosmetics Rollerlash Mascara,
Benefit Cosmetics High Beam.

The Buddha of Surbubia
I LOVE this book. I had to read it for my Post Colonialism module. I think what I like most about this book is the humour that comes with it. Although it deals with serious issues such as race, class, ethnicity etc, the writer Hanif Kureishi really does a brilliant job tackling these issues whilst making the plot comical such as Hairy back's Great Dane incident... and the complete madness of someones death (I couldn't stop chuckling at this - not the death because no death is funny, but what killed the character and how bizarre and far fetched this is!). If you get the chance to read this, please do. It is such a good book and nothing like the writer's other novels!



Nike trainers

I bought these for running and the gym, I figured that if I was to buy brand new gear, I would take fitness seriously. It's definitely working. These trainers were pricey, but they look and feel amazing on! It's such a bright colour which I love. They're so light it feels like I don't even have anything on my feet. I've received loads of compliments with these too, even when I'm dripping with sweat.




Skirt -Boohoo.com


Kayne got me this skirt for my 21st from Boohoo.com. It's super pretty, flattering to the legs and buttocks and it's just such a lovely fit. It's very true to size which is something important to me. I hate controlling our bodies based on a number - some places you can be a size 10, some places three times bigger. I wish we didn't have numbers because everybody is beautiful!  But I should stop ranting and get back to the post. But yeah, this skirt is definitely one I will be wearing a lot in the summer, it's great with camis, turtle necks, tights, no tights and you can dress it up or dress it down. I will definitely be getting more skirts like this from boohoo.com in future! PS - Good call Kayne :)


MAC - Velvet Teddy

I've been trying to get this lipstick for ages. But it's always been sold out, however one dreary Sunday after work, my prayers were finally answered! This shade, I believe has been made famous by Kylie Jenner. Despite whether she has had cosmetic enhancement on her lips or not, her lips look amazing with this shade on! It certainly compliments anyones lips. It's a dark nude/matte. It makes my skin look so tanned when I wear this shade. I will definitely do a blog post purely dedicated to this and my other MAC lipstick -Faux.  I love the name too 'Velvet Teddy' the names are so cool!


Benefit Cosmetics Rollerlash Mascara

I've ranted and raved about this product to pretty much everyone. I've already done a review on this on my blog in the last month. This is an aaaammmaaaazzzziiinnggggg product, it really lengthens your lashes. It makes them curl up so naturally, it doesn't feel heavy on your eyes... it's just 10000% a winner. I could go on further about this product, but you guys can read my review on it from a couple weeks ago <3 Benefit really have knocked it out the park with this product, hands down.


Aveeno Moisturising Cream.

I have really sensitive skin, so I have to be careful about what products I use on my face. Whenever I get a bad bout of dry skin or anything like that, I just pop this on a couple times and it clears up wonderfully. It has Colloidal Oatmeal in it, which is what I think makes it work so well. It smells like flapjack and porridge too which is a massive bonus, so your skin will look and smell fabulous! It's from Boots and not expensive, it's a good price for what you get! So if you have sensitive and/or dry skin, this will be great for you!



Benefit Cosmetics High Beam 

Again, another gift from Kayne for my birthday. I've wanted to try this out for some time and now I have it, I love it. It looks like nail polish, even the applicator makes you think it is nail polish. But it is a god send, it's like a pinky/pearl highlighter - probably the worst description of it ever...
I always put highlighter under my brows for a greater arch finish, but with this it is a new level of definition. My arch and brow bone look amazing! I also put it on my cheek bones and it gives added definition. I've also received so many compliments whilst wearing this. So if any of you get the chance to try High Beam out, I seriously would! It's bloody brilliant.



So, that's it for my monthly favourites! I hope you enjoyed reading, apologies on the length of it. If you have any questions about any of my favourites, feel free to pop a comment down below! Share the blog around, leave any comments, give it a +1! Thanks for reading! I'll write again soon.

Katie x 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Middleton. Design by Fearne.