10 Things That You'll Think During Your Dissertation.

14 March 2016


So if you're a third year or you have been a third year, you will completely sympathise with the dissertation rollercoaster. I'm certainly feeling it and mine's due on 18th March! I know I've definitely felt all of these at some point and I know I'm not alone in this. 

1. Shit... The time...
When you reflect on your third year, you'll think "shit, should've started sooner", "were those nights out really worth it?" Right now I'm like shit, less than a week to go...

2. You'll feel an awful lot like this from time to time:
You'll also want to scream at any first year who dares say they're under so much stress in their course.
Sorry first years but it's true! I was the same in first year and you'll totally get it when you come to third year.


3. You'll question your dissertation every few days.
Does my question even make sense anymore? Are these even words? Wait what?

4. Napping? No problem!
Although you'll feel guilty for doing it, you will find you can nap pretty much anywhere.

5. Any sign of potential illness will make you freak out.
A simple headache? Nope. Not happening. A sneeze? You'll pray you don't have the flu. 



6. You'll wonder when you have time to eat...
And when you do eat, you'll think about how much dissertation work you could have done. You'll force yourself to eat eventually.

7.  All you want is to get drunk, you envy the years below you.


8. The outrage you feel when you discover that the ONE book you need in the library has been taken out...
Then the return date is after your dissertation deadline. Fuming.

9. Caffeine consumption will be at an all time high. 
You'll probably get the red bull shakes... Not even kidding my heart is fluttering from the amount of sugar I'm consuming at the moment.

10.  But all those sleepless nights, breakdowns, tears, stress and aggro will all be worth it when it's over and you can do this...


Yes... The Office gifs are all appropriate.



I hope you've enjoyed today's post, I know it's not for everyone but to be honest, any student can relate to this post! Make sure you follow me on Twitter, Instagram and Bloglovin' Thanks for reading, 


Twitter           -         Instagram         -          Bloglovin'


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Middleton. Design by Fearne.