Urban Decay Revolution Lipsticks!

11 July 2016

 

I've been lusting over these lipsticks for quite some time and then I got an email through from Urban Decay about a special offer on these babies - they were £9 each!!! At this point I couldn't refuse that kind of offer, they're usually priced at £15 each! I went with four shades Manic, Rush, Matte Temper and Strip. It came to £36 in total, so as you can imagine I was chuffed to bits with this. I had heard great things about the Revolution lipsticks so I was eager for these to come!




Of course, I had to get a matte shade - hence Matte Temper. It's a lovely vibrant red. I don't really have many red lipsticks either so I was really excited about this shade. They all go on relatively easy and they look amazing for pigmentation but - and this is a big but - they don't seem to actually stay on for very long? I dabbed after like I always do and it was pretty much all off, so I'm not too happy on that note. However, I did try them again and used a setting spray after and they stayed on so much better so I think if you do have thoughts about these lipsticks, make sure you have a setting spray or something like that to hold them into place. The lipsticks are quite creamy too. I don't know if anyone else has found that but I feel like they're really *wet* and creamy on my lips. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I just found it peculiar that lipstick could make my lips feel like that! I do think they look beautiful on though.


I also love the names of Urban Decay products - I always have done, even with the Naked palettes, the names they go with are just great! Strip, Manic, Rush, Temper. They're all short but sweet (even though they're kinda suggestive - strip...) The packaging too is great, they're quite heavy for lipsticks so that shows that they are good quality in terms of packaging.


After trying the swatches on my arms (which are really messy so I apologise) I realised that these could be good dupes for the Kylie Cosmetics range - Matte Tempter being 22/Mary Jo K, Manic being Posie K, Strip being Dolce K and Rush being Koko K/Candy K! Don't hold me to that though, that's just what I found they looked similar too! 


All in all, I do really like these revolution lipsticks but I don't think I'll order them in a rush again (ha, geddit, rush... like the lipstick I'm talking about...). I think I'll go to the nearest Urban Decay counter and do the 'try before you buy' trick next time because they are nice and I don't know if it's because I'm not used to lipsticks as such anymore because I'm really into my liquid lipstick at the moment, I think I need to try fiddle around with them a bit more and then make my final judgement on them. They currently stand on the lipstick scale about 7.5/10 in my books. 

Have you ever tried the Revolution lipsticks? Did you feel similar to me? What do you think of them? Let me know in the comments below!

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed it! Be sure to follow me on all social media for updates on the blog or general life! Or if you just want to pop over and say hey - go for it! Thanks again,


Twitter           -            Facebook          -          Instagram           -            Bloglovin'         -       Pinterest 


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Middleton. Design by Fearne.