ColourPop Haul!

3 September 2016



Ahh Colourpop... Adored by many. Colourpop is a brand that is raved about by the blogging community and makeup enthusiasts alike. But what is it about Colourpop that is so good?

So very recently, Colourpop have started shipping to the UK which is amazing considering how popular it is over here. I have been wanting to try Colourpop for SO long but the whole process of getting it here was too much for me to handle and I couldn't be bothered with any of those mailing companies (partially because I didn't understand, partially because I'm lazy asf), but now that there's direct shipping I'm certainly much more willing to buy products from colourpop!

However, with US orders comes the dreaded price of shipping... The shipping from Colourcop comes in at a whopping $25 so you're essentially paying for the shipping rather than the products. Then there's that wonderful customs charge on the other side of the pond which amounted to approximately £15... so you roughly spend about £40 getting it over here (give or take a few pounds) so if you can use the companies that do it all for you in some weird and wonderful way then please do, I'm just too lazy to sort it myself (I probably should though...) Sadly, the delivery process took longer than anticipated. I placed my order at the beginning of August and it arrived just after August bank holiday so it was bordering a month for delivery!


I just love how they spell Colour like... the right way and they're American. I also love that they call it 'lippie' too, it's so cool!

I ordered a fair bit from Colourpop (I wanted to order more believe me) I ended up with five eyeshadow pots, one highlighter, a lippie stix and lippie pencil. I was debating on ordering more but my bank balance was screaming at me to stop. So the price of the products is fab - $5 a shadow pot, $6.40 highlighter, $5 for the lippie stix and $5 for the lippie pencil. When you work that out through the exchange rate, that comes in at an amazing £3-5 per item depending on the rates at the time. I couldn't believe how cheap and affordable the products are! Also, another amazing thing about Colourpop is - they're cruelty free and they have vegan friendly products. There's a list on their site that says what products aren't vegan friendly on the FAQs section of their site (the FAQs page is also a good giggle)

The shadow pot shades that I ordered are: Mittens, Porter, Stereo, So Quiche and Weenie. These are gorgeous shades. At first I was a bit miffed because Porter and Stereo look SO similar in the pot so I was really angry with that but when I swatched them both I could see a clear difference between the two.

Top to bottom: Porter, Weenie, So Quiche, Mittens and Stereo. 

Porter is a gorgeous deep red with a hint of gold glittery tones to it. Weenie is a beautiful coppery/bronze shade that I know is going become a fast favourite of mine. It's a super flattering shade that will be perfect for a daytime or nighttime look! Next up, is So Quiche - or should I say QUEESH (long story...) and this was one of the pots that I was most excited about! It's a gorgeous khaki shade WITH flecks of gold and pink in it. This is by far one of the most gorgeous shades I own to date and a firm winner for me. I can't wait to wear this on a night out because it's so different to my usual go-to colours! Mittens is a lovely deep matte brown and we all know I'm a sucker for dark brown shadows and I had heard so many great things about it so this was the first pot in my basket. Stereo is a deep red/brown kind of shade - I don't really know how to describe it and also has flecks of red glitter in, I'm really excited to wear all these properly!






Wisp is a gorgeous highlighter and my first initial impression of this shade wasn't great, not going to lie. It just looked so... dark in the pot and I felt like it wouldn't suit me. I was swayed by this shade before I even got onto the Colourpop website because Kasie from Kasie Beauty (Kinda obsessed with her snapchat, she's an absolute babe and makeup queen) was talking about Wisp on her snapchat and I was hooked from there on. I trusted Kasie's word and did a quick swatch and it looks SO much lighter on my skin and even more beautiful than it does in the pot. Seriously - Check out Kasie, I've never known anyone to own as much makeup as she does. 

Also, the formula of the shadow pots and highlighter is really weird I find. It almost seems wet to touch? I don't really know how to explain it but it works pretty damn well and the pigment is insane. One swipe did my swatches and I was really light with my fingers as I didn't know what to expect from the formula. It's a weird feeling to be touching 'wet' products but it works!


Last but not least is the Lippie Stix and Lippie Pencil in 'Flawless'. This is a beautiful wine berry (or purple) and will be amazing for autumn and winter! The pigmentation in this lippie stix and pencil is also amazing and it's a really creamy formula but it stays on amazing, which I thought was odd because usually the creamier the lipstick the easier it comes off on me. I was also partially swayed to purchase this shade in particular for the name - it reminds me of Beyonce and let's be honest... Who doesn't want to have a glimmer of hope to be like her?

Have you ever tried Colourpop? Do you like it? Are there any products in particular that you want to try? Let me know in the comments below!

Thanks for reading, I absolutely loved writing this post... It's long I know - if you made it to the bottom then congratulations! WOOOOOOO *throws confetti in the air* I hope you enjoyed the read, be sure to follow me on all social media for life updates or updates on the blog!
 Twitter         -        Facebook          -       Instagram          -        Pinterest          -       Bloglovin'


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Middleton. Design by Fearne.