Talking about: Confidence

13 June 2016


As I write this post, I have Demi Lovato - Confident on repeat in my head. This blog post has been inspired by the recent Twitter chat with The Girl Gang (@TheGirlGangHQ) that happens every Monday at 6pm GMT. 



During this Twitter chat, we discussed whether we consider ourselves to be confident, what makes us confident etc. It was a very enlightening and positive chat. It was good to see other bloggers perspective's on confidence and reasons as to why people do or don't consider themselves to be confident.

I'd consider myself as a very confident person and I don't really care what people think about me (unless it's slanderous comments then yeah, I give a shit). I've been asked before 'you can't be that confident', 'how can you be so confident?' 'why are you confident?' my answer? I don't really know. I never used to be a confident person. It wasn't until I stopped giving a huge shit about every little thing that happened in my life that I broke away from the 'shackle ball and chains' so to speak. I also think University played a humongous role in my confidence. Now, I'm not saying that you have to go to University to be confident, it just helped me that's all because I gained that independence that I needed for my personality to develop more. It's whatever's best for you because we're all different. 

It made me feel a bit sad as well reading all these tweets about people saying why they weren't confident for reasons such as they had bad anxiety, they were bullied or are still being bullied. I guess I'm just writing this post really because I think from time to time we all forget that we're only human and that we need positive, kind boosts of encouragement. We need to be told that we can do this, or we look great, or that we are great. I think little compliments can mean the world to people. Do something nice for someone, help a new blogger out - because I was no way in hell confident with my blog when I first started out, heck there are times still when I'm like nah, this is a pile of shit! Smile at someone, offer a helping hand to someone, encourage someone.

It's the little things we do for people that can change so much. One thing I've done too and it helped my confidence build, might not work for anyone, might work for some - but it's lipstick. I'm not even kidding either when I say this. Lipstick helped me soooooooo much. I used to only ever go for nudes or nothing at all. Me about 2 years ago would never dream of setting foot outside the house with Ruby Woo or Kourt K on my lips (despite Kourt K not even existing then but this is just an example) I find that the lips of a person is one of the first things I notice about them, so I decided to wear bolder colours and go out of my comfort zone on purpose to help me and it's worked. Now I'll wear any shade thrown at me. Given half the chance I'd have every single colour imaginable. I am obsessed with lipstick and my confidence is partially why. (No, I do not hide behind the lipsticks either). All I'm saying is, do what works best for you. Use your escapism, something you're passionate about, focus and get caught up in it, you'll flourish.

Confidence is a real tricky one. I think confidence is something we should all have, it shouldn't be something we have to 'earn' in this backwards society, which is what I feel confidence is like nowadays. It can't just be something we have, we have to 'earn' it (which is bloody ridiculous IMO) 

Do you consider yourself to be confident? If so, why? If not, why? What do you think would help you? What things do you need to be confident? For example, in the Twitter chat I said *paraphrase* 'Good brows, good quotes, good vibes' or something along those lines. the triple G. 

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed it. Be sure to follow me across all social media for updates on life and the blog, thanks again,


Twitter         -        Facebook          -       Instagram          -        Pinterest          -       Bloglovin'





Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Middleton. Design by Fearne.